Anyone interested to build a TG1 clone ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion but: The name you have on the front panel picture is "TG-2" which is the name of a product by CH**d*r and it's also not a compressor but a mic pre.  The compressor by Ch**d*r is the "TG1" but I don't think you should call it that either.  Might get someone upset.  FYI, the original EMI that were using for a schematic was the TG12413.  Maybe call it the "12413" or, as someone posted earlier, the "C-Bong"  ;)  Again, just my opinion...

Purusha said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Let me talk to Uncle Fester ;)

Hah Hah, Uncle Fester needs to change his PCB layout skills... it is too easy to figure out who he is... it is all in the details/habits, LOL.

Matt

matta said:
Purusha said:
Thanks for the suggestion. Let me talk to Uncle Fester ;)

Hah Hah, Uncle Fester needs to change his PCB layout skills... it is too easy to figure out who he is... it is all in the details/habits, LOL.

Matt

Your remark made me check some file properties... (a.k.a. the gory details) to confirm my assumption.  ;)

OK, if this would bring trouble for anyone then I guess a collective wiping action should be in order. I mean, it's fun to have solved the riddle, but shouldn't spoil things.

Bye,

Peter 

Purusha said:
UNCLE FESTER'S TG-2 CASES ARE IN PRODUCTION  ;)

TG-2.jpg

Order thread is HERE

A matter of taste:

I really dig that retro-ish font for the lettering @ the controls, but imho those above & under the retro meters switch to another timeframe. Again, probably just a matter of taste.

Regards,

Peter

clintrubber said:
Purusha said:
UNCLE FESTER'S TG-2 CASES ARE IN PRODUCTION  ;)

TG-2.jpg

Order thread is HERE

A matter of taste:

I really dig that retro-ish font for the lettering @ the controls, but imho those above & under the retro meters switch to another timeframe. Again, probably just a matter of taste.

Regards,

Peter

Agree.... Would be a design that I would compliment on if the text was the same caliber.

clintrubber said:
A matter of taste:
Regards,
Peter

kazper said:
Agree.... Would be a design that I would compliment on if the text was the same caliber.

Yes.
The panel's lettering is great, but the fonts above and under the meters are blatantly wrong, we all see it.
Please, Tat, correct it..
please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back