Anyone interested to build a TG1 clone ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Fablab  :)
Was just curious about the bc109 as they seem to be widely available but others are using  bc184's. Just want to keep things authentic.

Hi Jimbo
if you want to keep things authentic, consider that if it's easy to find the BC109, it is possible that may be different with the BCY71
Anyway, I think that to use different transistors don't affect the sound

No news yet. I was just wondering the same thing Fablab. I'm sure he is busy brewing up something special though  ;)

BTW does anybody have a source for OA202 diodes or is there a substitute that can be used ???
The two diodes at the output stage seem to be 11V and 12V zeners. Not sure.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
James

Hi James, you can use the BA157 that is an equivalent of the OA202
The two diodes at the output stage sare 11V and 12V zeners
I hope this can help you

Thanks again Fablab  :)
The BA157 seems to be similar to the UF4004. Could this be used also, or am I way off.
The Vf max of the BA157 is 1.3V and the UF4004 is 1V. All other specs seem the same. Would this be a problem?
Sorry for all the newbie questions but I'm trying to get my head around these components.

Cheers,
James

Question: does anyone else who's looking at building one of these have a Ch**d*er unit? I plan on comparing them side by side when I build mine and thought it might be useful to us all if there was someone else who was doing the same.

Cheers,
John

Here there are many post about this compressor ... but is there someone that has realized the pcb circuit?

UNCLE FESTER'S TG-I CASES ARE IN PRODUCTION  ;)

TG-I.jpg

Order thread is HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back