boxes

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a hard time getting a box to fit C12s recently. Ultimately ordered from Flea. Nice boxes, but not cheap and needed to ship from overseas

I’m sorted for now, but I bet others would need them too

I’m more into great padded zippered pouches. I have WAY too many mics to want more boxes; takes up way less room by going with the former for me.

Last edited:
Interesting—I find boxes more efficient to store because they can be neatly stacked. Pouches usually go into storage for me—I’m reluctant to pile bagged mics on a shelf or shove them in a drawer (to be rifled-through later)

I would second pouches too. Various sizes. But also some smaller boxes for the typical 87 smaller ai like bodys? How is your current schedule Ari? When will you have your USA made products back at the shop?

I'm hoping to have EVERYTHING back up in the shop by the end of October. I might launch early with other stuff if too many things sit around. I've picked up a few other products other than mine. I'm taking my business in a different direction and relaunching as a more serious supplier. Everything I sell that isn't explicitly another brand will be bespoke. No exceptions. I even own the molds for the rubber bumpers that are going to be included with the capsules from now on. The community really needs a supplier that owns the designs they are selling and isn't at the whim of a trading company's current supply of an unknown product that could disappear at any time. I am basically starting over from scratch. There are no shared parts between the previous versions of the flat k47 and k87 and the upcoming ones. This is understandably taking a bit of time but (fingers crossed) once production is going, it's going.

Last edited:
just in case hasn't been hammered home already, wooden boxes for
- M49
- C12
- MXL 2001 (195 x 55mm), cheap common donor body under many different names, so many similar dimensions, great for lots of circuits (KM847, Schoeps type, Royer moded LCDT...)
- SDC pair, ideally including 4 or 6 shallow 22(?) mm diam holes for 3 patterns (C,H,O). But, the 603 stereo pair comes with a case including shockmounts, and there's room to add holes in their material. (Do they make 'forstner bits' that will cleanly cut foam??)

If I've got a mic of some value it goes in a box and not a pouch. A pouch won't protect it. And when it comes time to sell, there's added value in a box, and not in a pouch...
I remember having the zipper pull off of a pouch as I was pulling it tight, and all of it coming out of my hands and onto the floor.

Also, I didn’t realize there was a lack of mic pouches on the market. I think they are readily available.

All my small mics go in Pelican-style cases with 3 layers of polyethylene foam than can be cut to shap and won’t degrade. Wood boxes Agee great for our classic mics that have a briefcase for the mic and power supply.

Pelican molds in the U.S. afaik.

I also use American steel toolboxes for some mics and gear I tote along. So what if I look like a plumber!

klem suggested that i stock foam cutouts for pelican cases
[i stock foam cutouts for pelican cases] -- And.....should you desire to have these PELICAN foam pieces either designed and/or documented, I can help you out in this department. See the attached PDF file.

/

Attachments

• JBW-Designed -- Pelican Foam Inserts - Mechanical Detail Drawings.pdf
    89.8 KB · Views: 5
Barry & George,

The key here is quality zipper padded pouches and of various sizes. The market is most definitely lacking that. I only need it to protect mics bumping into each other while all sitting in the two very large gun safes where the mics are stored. With wood boxes, two more very large gun safes would probably be needed. All the empty mic cases (some very large) piled everywhere, wasting space, already drives me nuts!

Currently, I'm looking for cases for my SDC's, like the MC930 and Bansai KM84. I would love a box that held two plus an extra couple capsules.
I prefer boxes over bags. I have a ton of bags but I don't like stacking mics in them, and I have a lot of mics.

Latest posts

Back