C800 finished!!!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="kubi"]Duka mounted the tube outside the housing just to make sure it prevents the mike from sliding out of the mount :green:[/quote]

Oh, no :cry:
If I turn back mike will be broken :shock:

"Duka mounted the tube outside the housing just to make sure it prevents the mike from sliding out of the mount "

Sorry kubi, you are wrong. He put outside the tube from the microphone to prevent the tube to become microphonic. :green: :green: :green:

chrissugar

New pic!!!
DCP_2613a.JPG

Duka

How did the microphone "age" what I mean is how do you like it after all this time?

Ahhh

I see it now...... Duka , great job !!!

now I just need to finish the Elam 251 I 've had on my bench for the last year - its hard to teach yourself how to get these things completed.

I'd love to hear some samples.
That way I can tell you how close it is the the real thing (I own a Sony original)
Great work on the machining, looks very close.

I will not be close to the real one, unless you get the transformer and capsule sony uses and build the same grill and make the inside of the grill the same.

I built a 800 type to understand a 6au6 in a tube microphone. Nothing special IMO it is a good circuit but the sound might be more of the capsule grill sony uses.

If you read all of the 800 posts you might pickup a few clues.

Back