DI for the Yamaha PM1000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pajamaspfrd

I have a question for digitaldrummer or Scodiddly about wiring up the DI to the Yamaha PM1000. I have a 1/4" stereo (closed circuit) jack and one TRS plug to wire as a DI. If I understand it my (guitar input) signal bypasses the Input Selector switch and goes direct to the board where the yellow wire from the input transfomer connects to the pcb. I have studied both pictures from you posts but cannot determine if I am wiring the input jack up correct. When a plug is not inserted into the jack the yellow wire from the transformer input goes thru the closed circuit part of the jack to complete the circuit. When a plug is inserted into the jack the closed circuit is broken and the signal from the plug tip is then inputted into the board at the connection previously occupied by the yellow wire.
I wired this up but it is not right because when I turn the Input Selector switch it causes an increase in volume and that tells me I did not bypass the switch.
Thanks for any help, diagrams, instructions in this final assembly of my project.
digitaldrummer thanks for the grounding info you shared as my PM1000s are dead quiet!!!
PJ

If I remember right, the switch has two sections - one affects the wiring before the transformer, the other affects the gain after the transformer. The PM-1000 modules that I racked had the input gain switch affecting the DI input.

Thanks for your response Scodiddly. I assume then I have it wired correctly because the input selector does affect my DI. I was under the impression that only the fader controlled the volume and you bypassed the input selector completely.
I emailed digitaldrummer his picture of his DI showing how I wired up my 1/4" jack.

I will read the manual because it does describe how the input switch works.

Thanks for your response Scodiddly. I assume then I have it wired correctly because the input selector does affect my DI. I was under the impression that only the fader controlled the volume and you bypassed the input selector completely.
I emailed digitaldrummer his picture of his DI showing how I wired up my 1/4" jack.

I will read the manual because it does describe how the input switch works.
Did you ever get any clarity on the proper wiring for the DI?

Back