GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denyle Guitars said:
Yeah, I didn't realize there was a brand new website devoted to this. You guys sure are slick.  ;)
that website isn't brand new  ;D
have you seen the growing membership list ?
there are still some missing, might be they have no logo to send me ...
(ouch - even me still don't have one for the shop)

this is a good opportunity to say thanks to Jeff for patiently correcting my english. :)
there will be some updates about different DOAs in the near feature.

btw, my shop won't have GroupDIY 51X projects only  ;D

we consolidated today
soon we have good news on the 51X Racks / PCBs ...
and some release dates below 8 weeks :)
this will be Case and PCB only.
we won't do "global" kits, this is up to each distributor individual.

these are:

jsteiger (US [edit] south and north america [/edit])
Sahib (UK, europe and rest of world)
me ;D (germany, europe and rest of world)

(no, we don't need more distribution / manufacturing offers)

I might be late with my web shop, use Sahib's service in the meantime.

very excited about this news
Volker

[silent:arts] said:
iangomes said:
awesome!!
Does canada count as rest of world or will it be in with jsteiger and the US?

geographically and political correct I should have written south and north america  :eek:
Correct I suppose! USPS shipping is pretty reasonable from me to Canada. I think the Canadian Customs Department is a major slow pain in the arse but otherwise not too bad.

Actually, most Customs Departments seem to suck ???

Any shipping problems I have heard of with my store customers, all relate back to Customs.

Hey all,

I just wanted to update everyone on the 51x racks. Things are progressing along very nicely. The boys are finalizing the engineering to incorporate the Dsub connector option. This has been a bit tricking due to space limitations and the goofy Tascam pin-out standard. The amount of emails with screen shots, CAD drawings, board layouts, daughter board layouts and hand sketches has been incredible the last few weeks. It all takes time but I must say how impressed I am with the attention to detail that both Volker and Cemal have shown.

I can say for sure that when they say they are done...everything will be spot on...you can count on that.  ;D

I would say that when the Dsub daughter board engineering is complete, the large stock quantities will be ordered. That should be any day now.

Cheers, Jeff

Excellent.

Jeff, will you have package deals of your API cards with the rack and so forth?  I'm looking to buy a number of API type preamps along with a rack.

Svart said:
Excellent.

Jeff, will you have package deals of your API cards with the rack and so forth?  I'm looking to buy a number of API type preamps along with a rack.
Hey Svart,

I don't think I will have package deals for the combination of pre's and racks. The racks may get a little complicated at the store due to the option of including the card edge connectors, the Dsub connectors, all the XLR's and so on. Plus, the preamp stuff is pretty darned low in it's own right.  :eek:

Just listing all the rack options will be a small feat I do reckon!

Jeff

bugfight said:
is this a line up or we just order from the web site when the time comes?
you will have the second option.

financially this is hard for me, having done group buys, but they have been paid before.
now we have to buy everything in advance, which is expensive.

the first run will be 100 cases, 100 backplanes, 600 XLRs etc.

you are in the USA - you will just order from Jeff :)

Volker,

I will definitely buy one of those to support the cause and also because it's too awesome not to buy one!!!

great work!

mike

we will work fast on it.
we have detected some competitors, but for sure we want to have the best quality ;D
(this might get to not sell PCBs separately)

Svart said:
bump for an ETA!

we are doing calculations the whole weekend and will be back with the final price soon ...
I think it is safe to say it will be below USD 350 for a complete KIT (without PSU).
development will go on to the SubD version, 12 Slot version, integrated PSU versions.
this is not a one off project / GroupBuy.

to tease again - everything just fits perfect (this is the 15pin version):

GDIY511_05.jpg

GDIY511_06.jpg

GDIY511_07.jpg

Sahib found a 9 way plug for the PSU connection which should fit just in the Neutrik hole, whith this there is no need to do a second one. the picture shows it the wrong way around, but you get the idea:

GDIY511_08.jpg

I think we will start ordering all the parts next week.
stay tuned ;D

Wow ;D That's so cool.
I'd better save some money for the upcoming 51x storm...

Latest posts

Back