GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a triple PSU board developed already. Volker also has one developed so we are not short of any PSU. I have worked out the 9 pin connector as Volker mentioned. I have just finished my sketch for the PSU case and I will see the metal fabricator next week. Currently I have about 30 off 200W toroidal mains transformer with 2 x 24VAC and 2 x 18VAC secondaries which will keep us going but for the long term we'll be getting a custom transformer made. 

12 slot case is also finished but we do not have the connectors yet, so I can not photograph it yet but it is ready.

On board PSU versions are under development but soon a prototype will be ready.

Damn, at that price point, I might even see the value in the 500 series. I've never been a fan of the API costing $850 for something that makes no sounds, so this will open me up to the idea.

I think this will blow all the other 500 series cases out of the water... Weldone.

ok, calculation is done :)

with exchange rates today, we will do the 19" 11slot Kit (we will have to find a name for this kit):
USD 300 / EUR 215 / GBP 185 without any PSU connector

the decision doing it without the PSU connector was made since you might choose another one, and we don't want to stock it.

anyhow, we will start ordering the parts tomorrow.
sadly some parts have an eight weeks lead time (Neutriks / card edge connectors) ::)

it is on the way now. release date is once all three of us have received everything and stocked.
the first run is limited to 30 units to each of us three resellers.
I think we need a countdown soon ...

[silent:arts] said:
ok, calculation is done :)...anyhow, we will start ordering the parts tomorrow...it is on the way now. release date is once all three of us have received everything and stocked.
the first run is limited to 30 units to each of us three resellers.
I think we need a countdown soon ...
Volker and everyone,

I have already sent a PO to my supplier for the card edge connectors. I did not want to wait until tomorrow.  ;D

So, let the countdown begin!

As far as the card edge connectors, we have made the decision to only supply the 36-pin version. This allows us to stock only 1 part instead of 2 hence, larger quantity of only one means lower price street price on the racks! Volker has the PCB's set up for a single row (18-pin) and double row being the 36-pin card edge connector. Either one will work.

For those choosing to go standard 500 series (+/- 16V only), a simple filler in the 18-pin connector will be perfect.

Like this:
card-edge.jpg

I will start getting my site set up with the product listings over the next few days.

Oh, with the price we got on the 18-pin version, I don't think you can find a 15-pin version on the planet for less!

Cheers!
Jeff

Well the stocking will be more like Jeff and Volker 33 off each and myself 34 off as our first production run is 100 units. If any of us runs out of stock don't worry he will be topped up from the other two.

Please note that 12 slot is also finished. However, since this is for those who either do location recording or want to use it for a moduler DIY mixer, the price will depend on the number of orders we receive. Price break generally works out as 20, 50 and 100 units.

I am in but how deep is the question...if I could only get some federal bailout money.... ::)

By the way I updated my location and am in for a psu as well...ok?

I'm in for sure!! Just not sure which one.  Can someone give me a brief break down on the two versions.  I think I'm leaning towards the one with possibility for a modular mixer just not sure what if any the downside would be.  They both fit in a standard 19" rack space correct?

dibs on one of the 11 slot 19" racks and a PSU when they come out.  I've been waiting a long time for this.  ;D

List? Can I have a place on the list? Or does one wait til there is a list opening moment and then rush to step forward?
Thx
P

mylesgm said:
I'll definitely be in!  So who does australian distribution?

M

Nobody. You can order from either of us.

Order list is here. If you said yes, you are in.

Latest posts

Back