IJR's 2254/33609!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i second soundguy dave's recommendation- if possible it would be nice to cram this into a smaller box. the 3u version sure does look nice tho.

edit: looking at the pix again, the controls might be too cramped in a smaller version.

i would be interested in it either way.

ed

Hi!!

I hope there are a few experienced guys out there who are willing to validate this project??? I wish I could but.....

Would there be a way to allow for other output stages?

I would love to use the Pheonix Audio TF-1 and custom transformer.....all that would be needed would be the correct pin configuration on the board for the Neve BA440/640 gain block modules??

This way people could use this or modified BA340s for output stage, or mount some BA283s off the board with cable.

Cheers Tom

I think the quickest way to get this project confirmed and tested as Igor suggests, is to do it in its current configuration as he has designed it. If one wants to make mods and other versions that's fine, this is DIY afterall. But let's not confuse the testing period by modding it at the same time. I vote for getting the project forward and to the rest of us as soon as possible in its current form, which has obviously interested many. I also like the original face layout and controls, you can't beat that. Variations could be made and shared once a first version is out.

Cheers to Igor for wanting to offer it to all as a non-profit project! I can't wait!

:guinness:

The pint is back!

cheers all,
tommypiper

I hope there are a few experienced guys out there who are willing to validate this project??? I wish I could but.....
the quickest way to get this project confirmed and tested ... is to do it in its current configuration... But let's not confuse the testing period by modding it at the same time. I vote for getting the project forward and to the rest of us as soon as possible in its current form, which has obviously interested many. I also like the original face layout and controls, you can't beat that. Variations could be made and shared once a first version is out.
Thank You, Toms! :grin:
Fully agree.
If there's two or three people (experienced guys!) :)) here who want to get to their e-mail NOW layouts of PCB, and they feel good with this project, and they can put the hands on this RIGHT NOW - pls, PM me.
Igor.

if kit becomes available you can send some in my direction :grin:
just awesome!!!
i really have to make a priority list of all the stuff i still need to build and you guys come up with such a lot of goodies...
anyone knows of a good program to clone yourselves? send a couple my direction too :wink:

tdB

BTW, Igor, how much gain is your BA283 delivering?
I used original ba283 card.
Gain and signalflow info on2254a:
http://www.danalexanderaudio.com/neveinfo/neve2254aSchem.jpg
225433609 clone done with same gain structure.
(edit: note,limiter sidechain levels are different,
and limiter circuit done like in 33609, 1k resistor to gnd.
at "lim.threshold terminal" changed to 400+600 Ohm-
roughly -4db divider.)

BTW, I screwed from Ithaco measurement amplifiers
( part of Israel mil. equippment at the past:))
some SU2080 -must be low noise FET matched pairs...
Anyone - any info on pinout????

BTW, I screwed from Ithaco measurement amplifiers
( part of Israel mil. equippment at the past:))
some SU2080 -must be low noise FET matched pairs...
Anyone - any info on pinout????

Hi Igor. I think i have some informations... It is indeed a dual n channel jfet.

Here is the pdf:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/SU2080_451-04583-0-2N3920A_for_IGOR.pdf Regards, Frank.

[quote author="ijr"]Thank You!
Maybe you have pinout info?[/quote]

look top left corner of the pdf, the waferpic shows the pinout :)

steff

Hehe... su2080 looks like to-18 metal package transistor,
just with 6 legs. You are talking about chip inside of it...

[quote author="ijr"]Hehe... su2080 looks like to-18 metal package transistor,
just with 6 legs. You are talking about chip inside of it...[/quote]

lol, my fault ;-) thought the pins followed the same scheme....too bad....

steff

I may be interested in a kit depending on the price. But If PCBs become available I would definitely buy some.

theres been some talk about this one today, figured Id resurrect this thread...

Has anyone had any luck putting one of these together?

dave

Back