Microphone design tutorial

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post pics of C12, U67, UM57, CMV563, Studio projects C1, Bruell&Kjaer, Rode Classic tube, Groove Tubes Jfet mic,
But not now, for at least 10 days I have too much work to do.

chrissugar

P.S. I remember someone asked about a source for Bruell&Kjaer capsules. Last week I talked to a dealer and asked him about four type of capsules. The prices started from 800euros+VAT to 1600euros+VAT. Not bad. :? :shock: :evil:

And want to build a VM1, VM1S or a Valvet...is it possible...capsules?, PCB's, Diagrams :? ?
Come on U gurus out there :twisted: !?!

Go to the meta meta 2nd thread at the top. Go to the microphone section most of the answerrs are there. No you will not be able to build a brauner microphone because the capsules are custom made. A big part of the brauner "sound" is the capsule there are no other capsules built like that I know of.

Christian Mike Sugar

Have you had a chance to record the values of the resistors and caps used in the phantom C and mark the values on the schematic?

Hey Gus

No, I was very busy, but in the next few days I promise to do it.
Probably I will post a high res picture with component values.

chrissugar

At this moment, while I build some new toys I have to do mastering for two albums and also acoustic consulting for another studio. And this kind of thing is happening all the time for more than two years. :sad: Less and less free time but I will try to do my best to post that thing.

chrissugar

Does anyone still has this schematic for Brauner Phantom?
The link for gif file on page 1 is dead, since this thread is very old!

I have dead Phantom AE, and I'm almost sure one of two transistors is faulty.

There's two transistors in this mic. One of them is J201, and I'm trying to find out what is the second one. Is it bipolar od FET? On the case of the transistor there's label c264. If I assume it's 2sc264 I don't get full datasheets but instead comparison tables (without leg pinouts)... I'm not sure on this...

:)

Luka

I would look up BC264,  does it have A,B,C or D at the end?
How do you know the transistor is faulty?  Do you know how to safely use a DMM or voltmeter around 48VDC? 

Back