MK7 - tube mic project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it and work out the math. The wiring then will be very clear. Hint it is part of the beauty of a 47

Yes, I see the bias from the heater, I think the best part of the 47 is the low impedance from the vf14 tube. The ef86 is higher.
Also the pin 2 and seven is above ground . I like to ground them

[quote author="Gus"]No cap to ground at the 100K and 20K node in the plate/anode leg?
FWIW I have a circuit I like in one of my nady 1050 bodys and the linked microphone looks like a 1050.[/quote]

the 1µF cap is there, close to the voltage divider.
1050 looks similar to my housing - mine has the grille dome flat.

[quote author="RedNoise"]Would these fit in a G7 mic body???[/quote]
yes, if the g7 pcb fits in, the MK7 will for sure.

[quote author="jackies"]I look in my drawer, and it's not available... [/quote]
:wink:

i posted the checklist so people get the idea about what is needed. you propably need to buy a few tubes to find a silent one.
you will definately need a good capsule to beginn with. i highly recommend to use a very good quality m7 or k47 type.
regarding the tube type, i give clear recommodations for this project, but of course you can fit in anything and try everything - this is DIY after all. just dont expect it to sound as i intended if you use a different tube/capsule/transformer.
[quote author="lewilson"]Why not pin 2 and 7 to ground?[/quote]
it´s only 3,9 ohm from ground :wink:

hi max,
i'm in for one of those MK7 PCB sets and transformers (price dependent).
they look fabulous and i'm glad Gus has given it a good look over as well (can't go wrong with that...except maybe taking out a layer of mesh :razz: ).
very cool project.
cheers!
-grant

it´s only 3,9 ohm from ground ,
yes I see. and I see the cathode is also 3.9r from ground. I will try a test and compare it to a u67 type bias and see if I can here the difference. Thanks

Latest posts

Back