Newbie ssl question...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Svart said:
in all this about using sockets for ease of use, has anyone been able to measure an audible difference between using a socket and not using one?  most sockets specify a fairly high contact resistance which theory makes me believe would build up over the course of a few ICs to add noise..  am I thinking correctly here?  I'm not saying i can even hear it but has anyone ever bothered to measure it?

just a thought, no big deal, I use sockets for everything anyway.. :green:

gyraf said:
contact resistance in the sub-miliOhm range, capacitance in the sub-pF range.

Not something I would worry about..

Though I'm sure you could find audiophools that would claim something else..

Jakob E.

Another plain question about sockets, just for curiosity, I'm not stressing in any way about it.

Why thre's sockets that cost 0.08€ and other that cost 10 times more 0.8€ , the so called Audio Socket?

links here:

http://www.banzaieffects.com/8-pin-Dual-Leaf-socket-pr-17646.html

http://www.banzaieffects.com/8-pin-Audio-Socket-pr-24628.html

there's any reasoning behind this or it's just Audiophool stuff?

hi
since this is the newbie section here i will ask some questions.

1. i build the ssl clone without the sidechain pcb. (maybe i add this in my second try after i get the first one to work). so what does that change?
2. is there a scematic that schows exactly how to connect the different Pcb's, power supply and knobs to the Pcb???
3. i use the 2180's so heard that you can leave out some parts. i found different threads but i don't found one that gives a 100% answer
4. a lot of threads say that u have to use different resistors if you use the behringer meter which resistors are these.
5. on my pcb (audiokitchen) is one 100k resitor that is a 127k resitor on different schematics i found here in that forum.

i'm sure that i will have more questions but maybe some one can help me with these.

this far i'm so happy that this forum exists because i really like building audio gear. you guys do a great job here.
thanks in advance
Eric

and excuse my bad english (i'm german)

Hi,

Can someone tell me if I can use 200mA/ 100V diodes instead of 100mA?
I believe I can but could someone confirm please?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back