Poorman compressor done...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babyhead said:
Very nice!!!

Are the tube sockets still board mounted?

All of the components on the underside? Genius.

Yes, sockets still onboard and only large components and trimmers on the reverse side. All transistors are against the steel plate which acts as heat sink.
For the PSU I had to cut a rectangular hole in the steel plate so the regulators could be mounted directly on the big black heat sink for better heat transfer.

top1.jpg

babyhead said:
Separate DC filaments?

Two separate heater PSU's with each there own toroid. I would ratter had one big toroid but this works as well.

babyhead said:
I love the bypass. Did you get that surplus?

Inspiring.

Got it from someone over here at the black market. These are original Pultec switches LOL

Hi radiance,

Can you give me the ref of your PSU transformers and where you have order them?
I just need this and free times for finish my PM670.

Hi, Creal, have you tried to take a custom one from www.audiophonics.fr ? Maybe you know them and you want another better. I ordered to them one custom toroid for my Mk7 tube mic PSU and it works perfect, and its not expensive, it seems to me cheap compared to others toroids I've seen... 
the product direction of custom toroid: http://www.audiophonics.fr/transformateur-torique-sur-mesure-toutes-puissances-p-3675.html.
I know that its not what you ask about but I see that you are on france and audiophonics too... maybe it helps you

Arnau

creal said:
Hi radiance,

Can you give me the ref of your PSU transformers and where you have order them?
I just need this and free times for finish my PM670.

The multy tapped one is from the European group buy by Holger (if I remember correctly).

The extra heater transformer is:

http://nl.rs-online.com/web/4225247.html

rs components  # 422-5247

Well done !!!

and the knobs ..... Stockli ?,  good choice as a finishing look.

Apache5 :very good link for custom tx

Radiance: thanks for info and the link.
Do you use one or two extra heater transformers for the PSU?

electrochronic said:
Well done !!!

and the knobs ..... Stockli ?,  good choice as a finishing look.

Yes, Stockli...there was some kind of groupbuy here once for some NOS ones...

creal said:
Radiance: thanks for info and the link.
Do you use one or two extra heater transformers for the PSU?

For the heaters I use 2 slow start heater boards. One is powered by the groupbuy toroid, the other is powered by the toroid from the link.
If you still have not bought your toroid it would be best to by a custom wound one with 10A heater taps or so...

radiance said:
For the heaters I use 2 slow start heater boards. One is powered by the groupbuy toroid, the other is powered by the toroid from the link.
If you still have not bought your toroid it would be best to by a custom wound one with 10A heater taps or so...

you're right, it's certainly the better way.
I will contact audiophonic next week
Thx for advices

Latest posts

Back