PRR-176 Vari-Mu Rev 3 PCB Group Buy(CLOSED)! & CLX-VU Circuit Boards!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowie said:
  Quick question, I plan to build mine with DBX 200 series VCAs but it seems the manual does not support that installation.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for 200 series installation instruction in the Rev 3 CLX?
Also, does this board allow for use of the original DBX RMS (208 or 209)?
Thank you.

Yes you can use the original RMS units, or just built it on the board as its the exact same circuit. I have some 200 series vca ready to put into a set of comps, jsut haven't got around to it yet. I don't think you'll run into too much trouble. Just stuff all the correct parts for that build as clearly laid out on the BOM And board and you will be fine.
The only thing to keep in mind is one BC550 transistor they say needs to be "matched" to the VCA but people have tried it and said any old transistor worked for them soooo.....go for it. :)

Also Sent the order out!! Couple weeks they will be here! Thank You all!!

abechap024 said:
Bowie said:
  Quick question, I plan to build mine with DBX 200 series VCAs but it seems the manual does not support that installation.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for 200 series installation instruction in the Rev 3 CLX?
Also, does this board allow for use of the original DBX RMS (208 or 209)?
Thank you.

Yes you can use the original RMS units, or just built it on the board as its the exact same circuit. I have some 200 series vca ready to put into a set of comps, jsut haven't got around to it yet. I don't think you'll run into too much trouble. Just stuff all the correct parts for that build as clearly laid out on the BOM And board and you will be fine.
The only thing to keep in mind is one BC550 transistor they say needs to be "matched" to the VCA but people have tried it and said any old transistor worked for them soooo.....go for it. :)

Also Sent the order out!! Couple weeks they will be here! Thank You all!!

Very glad to hear about the RMS on the board being a duplicate circuit of the original!  BTW, I sent you a PM regarding the VCAs.

So, It has been a while waiting for the boards, usually they are pretty good to tell me if there will be a delay, so I've sent them an email, hopefully will hear back from them soon.
Thanks!
Abe

Trench Recordings said:
Is it to late to order a pair ? Full kits to canada.

Thanks,
Dave
I can just squeeze you in at the pre order price! You have great timing, boards just came today, looking forward to packing them up and shipping them out! Expect updates.
Thanks!

Interested in stereo kit & pcbs as well.

Let me know if available.

Yes they are still available. Check first post for payment details.
Getting all these out! Thanks!

Abe

Ordered all the goodies for a stereo set, got the case, meters, switches, PCB's and parts on the way. Antek is out of the transformer until late april, so I will have the monster ready for that!!!! woo hoo!!!

Are the prices on the first page of this thread still good?  I want to order a set of boards, but wanted to know first before I send money.

Thanks!

Andy

v00d00blues79 said:
Are the prices on the first page of this thread still good?  I want to order a set of boards, but wanted to know first before I send money.

Thanks!

Andy

Yep! You have to order through paypal as now the prices on the website are back to normal.
Thanks,
Abe

Latest posts

Back