PRR-176 Vari-Mu Rev 3 PCB Group Buy(CLOSED)! & CLX-VU Circuit Boards!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nielsk said:
As I have yet to build the version 1 boards I bought, this brings up a question
You wrote:
The Rev 3 has all the part numbers corresponding to the original schematic, also there is a grounding plane on rev3 for lower noise and slightly low THD. Also there were some minor tweaks for the footprint of the RMS and VCA units, so they fit better.

Does this mean I will have problems using my version 1 boards with original DBX VCA & RMS units?
Is there any docs you can point me to on making the improvements to V1 boards?

Thanks!

Hi Neilsk,
Ill send you a PM so this thread stays more focused.
Thanks!
Abe

ejod said:
Hi Abe,

Please let us know when the kits are shipped.

Thanks!

Thanks guys! SO many little parts, I always forget how many. Anyway Kits are shipping! Everything is getting out the door. Thank you for your extreme patience...I know sometimes it kills to have to wait for this stuff but hopefully it will be all worth it and we will have some great builds. I'll update more once they are ALL shipped, some have shipped but not all but I am eagerly getting them out the door!
Thanks again,
Abe

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is the same thing I have to tell my guitar customers!!! patience is a virtue and well worth the wait!!!! all I know is that for every Kit you ship,that means you are getting closer to shipping mine!! HAHA!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PLEASE let me be next!!!!! so anxious!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great glad to see they are finding their way through the postal machine. Most all kits have been sent out, only a few more to go. Also FYI to anyone shipping PCBs (rigid envelopes) or parcels over seas, the post office has jacked up their prices again, ouch! :) Ah well everyone has to make a little bit.

One stereo kit found its way to Holland today! Thank you Abe, look great! Must have been a hell of a job!
Cheers!

Hey Abe.  I'm not sure about a few parts on the pcb boards.  Are C1, C4, R30, C13, and the BC550 supposed to be included in the kit and/or fitted?

Thanks

usekgb said:
Hey Abe.  I'm not sure about a few parts on the pcb boards.  Are C1, C4, R30, C13, and the BC550 supposed to be included in the kit and/or fitted?

Thanks

C13 does not need to be stuffed if not using the discrete VCA. C1, C4 are optional.

R30 is needed as is the BC550. I just noticed R30 is not on the BOM. smeg. I don't know how that happened. Email me @ [email protected] with your address, anyone that needs those parts. Sorry about that.
Thanks.

Back