Triad HS-56

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="CJ"]Yes, and he also has the winding info for the Triad HS-50,
signal output for the Fairchild 670. :grin:[/quote]

...which is also used in the Pultec MB-1

-Jon

Trade you for the control amp input winding info!

Darn, a HS-3 went for $100 on evil bay the other day. Same as HS-14, control input, just mu can differences. Could have dissected that to complet the xfmr 670 info. :mad:

Can someone point out the functional difference (if any) between the Triad HS-56 and HS-56V?

I have both an HS-66 and an HS-56V. Looking at a photo of an HS-56 (no V suffix) on eBay, I notice the only difference in specification is in the working voltage. The HS-56 (and -66) specify 175V, whereas the 56V specifies -175V.

My plan was to use the HS-56V as a Pultec input transformer. Does the V suffix denote negative voltage is required? CJ thought they were the same when I spoke with him, but I can't find any catalog page describing the 56V.

Here's some photos:

Triad HS-56 (from the Web) (Wrkng Voltage = 175V)
Triad%20HS-56.jpg

Triad HS-56V (Wrkng. Voltage -175V)
Triad%20HS-56V.gif

Triad HS-66 (Wrkng. Voltage = 175V)
Triad%20HS-66.gif

Any help you can give is most appreciated, and I think will benefit the group as HS-56Vs seem to be on eBay a lot these days.

Andy

I'm building a tube Pultec (EQP-1A), which uses an HS-56 according to page 7 of the manual (http://www.purpleaudio.com/pdflib/PultecEQP.pdf).

My hunch and CJs thought was that the HS-56V was interchangeable.

The should be the same. The V is good for 70,000 feet, so if you are installing an 8 trak studio with Pultec outboards into in a Lear Jet, then your all set.

Wait a minute, don't they pressurize cabins nowdays? :oops:

But wait, I am redeemed, .....the Pultec gets kept in the cargo holdt for zero degrees and low xfmr dcr.

CJ, good eye on the max altitude difference. Maybe I'm hallucinating the +/- voltage thing (the print is very small on the HS-56V and tough to discriminate b/w = 175 and -175).

Andy

Back