U47-style bodies - who can make one?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyler, just a favor to ask...  I don't really peruse this site much other than this thread, so please be sure to also post updates about sales, orders, etc. here, if possible.  I see you're in Stillwater.  Both my wife and daughter are OSU alumni and I've had a brew or two at Eskimo Joe's.  Go Cowboys!!!

Hey everyone.

I've been putting everyone who contacts me or posts their interest in this thread on my buyer list, in order, down to the minute.

I have purchased samples from the new manufacturer, and they will be preparing and sending those soon.
They will send me a mesh grille sample, polished nickel-plated brass parts, matte nickel-plated brass parts, painted aluminum parts, and anodized aluminum parts.
Basically an entire microphone body. Pictures will be posted here.

The idea is to inspect and evaluate their metalwork and finish quality.

If everything is good, I will put down a deposit on the production run (qty=200) of my microphone body design.
They will send me the first production unit.
If it's good, we proceed with the rest.
If not, they fix any problems and send me another. Repeat as needed until it's perfect, then we proceed with the rest of the production run.

After full production has started, I will be contacting the members on my list, in order, offering the opportunity to purchase.

Sounds great Skylar!

Wow , I must be loosing my mind, I thought I had spoke up for 2 of these back at the beginning but I can't find my post. Was there an earlier feeler post on this build? Am I on the list?

Lance

Lance, You are in the "EQU47" U47 Mic Body FEELER than skylar did. You appear on 20th position or so on these list. You can see that  "mic body feeler results" on the link on bottom of Skylar replies.  ;) 
I was thinking that that list is "the list" but im not sure at all

Arnau

hitchhiker said:
Sounds great Skylar!

Wow , I must be loosing my mind, I thought I had spoke up for 2 of these back at the beginning but I can't find my post. Was there an earlier feeler post on this build? Am I on the list?

Lance

Skylar said:
Here are the results of the survey.
It shows the list of submitters in order.

http://www.equinoxsystems.net/community/node/6

You can get to this page by the link in my signature as well.

You are on the feeler list.
Note that this is not the complete list...just the feeler results.

Looking forward to seeing how these come out. I think I initially voted for 1 in the survey though I'm actually interested in 2. I'd love a second if any are leftover after the others or if a second run is done.

azander said:
Looking forward to seeing how these come out. I think I initially voted for 1 in the survey though I'm actually interested in 2. I'd love a second if any are leftover after the others or if a second run is done.

Me too.

MagnetoSound said:
azander said:

Me too.

And me too!
Peps

crackerzot said:
I don't know what a "feeler" list is. 

Its a list that will give the designer an idea of what quantity to build initially when going to do a production run.
It is a very important list as, at these small quantities of productions, hitting price breaks for a larger order can make or break a small run.

that said...
Great to see the progress on this project.

Cheers!

STILL VERY INTERESTED!!!! Please keep me on the list or put me on if I am not on there already!!!!!!!! TOTALLY excited about this!!!!!!

I should be on the feeler list, and I'm still interested in two.
Depending on price I might be interested in more.

Cheers,
Rossi

Skylar said:
After full production has started, I will be contacting the members on my list, in order, offering the opportunity to purchase.

I know I didn't get on in the Feeler days, but I emailed sometime shortly after.  Do you still have me in there, somewhere, as willing to buy 2?

Latest posts

Back