want to build PZM

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops, as might already be known Digikey is backordered on the card-capsules (Panasonic WM-55A103):

Product Lead Time Estimates
Digi-Key Part Number P9961-ND
Description MICROPHONE CARTRIDGE 9.7MM X 5MM

Quantity Expected Ship Date Estimate
15 06/27/2005

But I thought people reporting alike messages but still being able to get parts. What's the deal ?

> Couldn't find a datasheet on the link above.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/rec_mic.htm

Also:
Discontinuation and Change Notices
Audio Components: Issue Date
Microphones: WM-034, WM-52, WM-53, WM-54 11/17/03
ECM Rubber Holders 11/17/03
WM-60 Series (A) 11/17/03
WM-63GC 11/17/03
WM-62 Series (A,B,C,CC,E,HN,K,P) & WM-64 Series (A,MC,PC,PK) 11/17/03
WM-66 Series (D,E) 11/17/03
ECM Rubber Holder - YPM-CH021 11/17/03
WM-67D Microphone Series 08/17/04
WM-R57A, WM-R30B (Card Speakers) 11/09/04
WM-67D 11/09/04
Production Site Change for 6mm Microphones 01/24/05

> Couldn't find a datasheet on the link above.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/rec_mic.htm
Was looking for the '62 datasheet then but the Digikey-catalog helped out with some numbers.

Nice developments for the DIY-er BTW... half of all parts is going SMD and the rest gets discontinued because of the leadfree-thing. :sad:

Early on in this thread I hear mention of the TAPE OP MIC. I can't seem to find it in any of my tape ops around here. does someone have a link, scan, or explanation of the article.

BTW-I ordered wm61's from digikey about qa month back and had no problems... and digikeys high shipping cost returns to normal pretty quickly once you cross the minimum order threshold which is something like 25 dollars so order a couple of the talema toroids or xlr jacks or something else while you are there.

Sleeper

Hi,

Tape-Op (this is to page 1 of 2):
http://prosoundweb.com/recording/tapeop/buildmic/buildmic_16_1.shtml

BTW-I ordered wm61's from digikey about qa month back and had no problems...

That's good to hear & thanks - that 25 dollar barrier doesn't seem too hard to beat.... It's EU here though, but...
The 'problem' seems to be for the Panasonic WM-55A103, wanted to get those as well in one go.

BTW, for the time being, I had a look at locally available capsules. They're from Monacor, and the MCE-2000 seems the only 'serious' one.
I actually still should one of those capsules around.

Some of those Monacors are actually mentioned as being Panasonics on Monacors site, but I haven't been able to crosslink for instance that MCE-2000 to a Panasonic type (the dimensions of the '2000 are 6mm-diam*5.8mm-deep, didn't see any Panasonic having such dimensions). It seems about comparable with the specs of the WM-61A. A bit smaller though, maybe that explains the slightly higher noise.

Bye,

Peter

The MCE2000 is supposed to be WM60. I bought MCE2000 capsules at different places and got somewhat different capsules. Same format but different FET inside. So I'm not sure all MCE2000s are really WM60s. Plus WM60 is discontinued, but Monacor still lists them. But I noticed that Reichelt doesn't carry MCE2000 anymore and Monacor now lists some non-Panasonic cheaper capsules. To me it looks as if they're in the process of switching to different manufactuers.

Hi,

Thanks Rossi for the info. I might have been focussing on that 5.8mm too much - rest of the specs do indeed compare to the WM60.

But at least as important of course: what are your impressions of that MCE2000 ? And noticing differences between the various versions ?

The local shop asks EU6.95 for the MCE2000 ! :grin:
Well, let me first locate that MCE2000 that I had already.

Thanks,

Peter

I got a couple of MCE2000s via a friend from a dealer I don't know. Those were about ? 5 each. The others I bought at a local store for only ? 2.50, I think. The more expensive ones were superiour sounding, as far as I can tell. But it's hard to say, because could never compare the two side by side. As I said, I'm not absolutely sure the second ones were genuine Panasonics. If I remember correcly the first ones had SMD FETs inside, the second ones had clipped through-the-hole FETs. Strange.

Latest posts

Back