Wonder whats next?? SSL 9K- 500 Series Preamp.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3nity

Its a joy and proud to announce you the soon to come 500 series pre.
Its not really new but yes a new incarnation of the SSL 9K preamp: the 9K5

Its the format for the SSL 9K preamp brought to us by Keith (SSLtech thanks by the way).
My main goal was to achieve a true to the original diy pcb...and affordable 500 preamp.
It features THAT 1646 balancer in the output and Audio Maintenance dual 2K2 potentiometer.

Aditional info to come in the following days...
9k5.JPG

Jorge Aristondo.

Yeah i know!!
But better again its that i'll have full kits and Gustav will carry the boards for us!!

More coming soon!

Bumping this up.  This is great news!  I don't think the 9K gets anywhere near enough love around here.  It seems that if it's not Neve or API people aren't as interested.  I've been using a pair of 9K for about 8 months now and I absolutely love them, they sound fantastic.  Solid, true to the source and punchy.  I was going to say that I'd happily make an album with only these pres and just then realised that I more or less did recently.

Anyhow I'll be signing up for some of these to fill the new 51X rack.  Well done 3nity!

Cheers,
Ruairi

I think this is great idea too...even though i already have enough pre's...

This build uses old 9k pcbs NOT the new 500 series ones by 3nity.

I think the SSL9k still has a lot of fuel in the tank as a DIY project and I am glad the PCB is being updated for the 500-generation!

It is just about possible to cram it all in with currently available boards, in my build I used Gustav's main board, the JLM go-between and my own custom made balancing board with signal/clip indicator. The PCB for this was etched by GDIY's own livingnote. Frontplate by Frank@NRG, L bracket from silent:arts. I am sure many forum members will recognize pieces they sold to me  ;D
Thanks to everyone and especially to SSLTech for sharing this fab-sounding design!
fazbuketti9500lunchboxsm.jpg

fb9500guts.jpg

yeah, there is quite a lot of wiring to do, I am definitely looking forward to your boards!

are your switches going to be push button alps?

I have problems with switching pad/phase, while phantom power is on. (big thump)
Not sure if this is due to the toggle switches.

sorry i was thinking 'bout something else...
I think maybe only 2 screws..will hold the L bracket to the front.
The pcb is already attached to the L bracket with the spacers..
The pot will also be holding the front to the L bracket
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back