Wonder whats next?? SSL 9K- 500 Series Preamp.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I;m waiting from Gustav to send me some PCB"s so i can stuff them!
Everything has its time one this earth guys....everything! ;D

Thanks

585musicman - check out http://www.classicapi.com/ for you 500 series 312 needs!

jeff has the works - transformers and opamps are nigh on INDENTICAL to the original api parts - all at very reasonable prices ;)

i'm very very happy with the two preamps i've built with his parts, very quick and painless build too. it's nice not to worry about cutting holes for XLRs and all the powersupply stuff etc - 500 series is awesome for DIY.

Haima

bump for a progress check on this project!!  ;D I'm getting more fired up as the DIY Alliance lunchbox release approaches. Any pics?bom?estimated price point?  ???

does anybody know if these boars have phanton, pad and phase "built-in"?
Since I dont have a lunchbox, I was wondering on using it on  a regular rackmount soldering wires on the 500 connectors
what do you think?

Wouldn't it just be easier not to order the 500 series version? save yourself 3 euros. thats enough for a hamburger.

-edited-

Sorry I realize I was a smartass and didn't even answer your question. Yes I believe that switching for all three is built into the circuit, you'll need to supply the 48v though as well as the +18/-18

sorry for the confusion, I posted a picture of my own build which is using standard 9k pcbs NOT the special 500 series ones. I don't think 3nity's version requires any wiring, so it should be a lot more tidy.

canidoit said:
Theres alot of wires on this build? Will the final version have less wires?

Hi 3nity ,
If I missed it please excuse me by advance , but , could you tell me / us what we should change compared to the Keith's BOM?
My wife just received her boards and cannot wait to start them.She do not speak english so I ask.
Have you got in mind to start a build tread?Maybe it's yet alive and we missed it ?
thanks.

;D
She just LOVE soldering...So I tried to "teach" her how to.
I really appreciate , now christmas and birthday's gifts are waaaayyyy easier !!! ;)

nice!  doubt my wife'll get into soldering though :(

I realize I didn't help at all with your problem. I don't have these, but it shouldn't be too hard to check them against the original schemo. Should be the same (I don't know for sure, but the component designators should be the same), except 3nity said there's a 1646 output, so maybe he changed that part to be more like the THAT schemo (although the original is compatible with the 1646 as well, so maybe not).

yeah mitsos , no doubt towards the 1646 , I just wondered because of the +/- 15V only (no 18V as in the Keith version) , and the pic in first post is just too low resolution to permit me to read names/numbers or values...

PS:the best of the best is that she's still lovin HER iron...I mean the iron for the clothes! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back