1o73 Line-in boards - mission accomplished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems to be linear (wich make sense, fader is linear) like I saw on a 1290 thread...
but you've got the right to tell me I'm wrong... ;)

edit: ok it could be log too...seems that fader could be Lin or Log... ::)

Hello
I think that faders are log in most analog mixers, to have better precision around 0.
But if you want to use pots, use linear pots.
Correct me if I'm wrong...

hi Madriaanse,

are there pcb's available for this ? i tried pm'ing you but your inbox is full. A self etch file would be even cooler  ;) . But i understand if you don't wanna go there.

greetings,

Thomas

I don't know what is your sh*t but it seems really gooood!  ;D

I said first page not: look only at the first post... ::)

madriaanse said:
I just received my shipment of line-in boards (code named: EZ-LN72 :). I'm all set to start work on my mixer!! :) I have extras; email me if you're interested: martin_adriaanse -at- yahoo -dot- com

Later,

M.

not for you Obelix  ;D
BTW rednoise I saw some of you start a GB for some Carnhill tx.
I might be in if it's really lower the price...

hobiesound said:
am i on crack?  ??? ??? there ain't no email adress in the first page AFaik?

greets,

Thomas
diyfanatic said:
I don't know what is your sh*t but it seems really gooood!  ;D

I said first page not: look only at the first post... ::)

madriaanse said:
I just received my shipment of line-in boards (code named: EZ-LN72 :). I'm all set to start work on my mixer!! :) I have extras; email me if you're interested: martin_adriaanse -at- yahoo -dot- com

Later,

M.

diy fanatic i did........... read my post... thanx for pointing me to it !!!!!!!!

(edit coz i forgot to thank you didn't wanna come across as a total @SS.)

Been some time since we've heard from Martin.  I'm looking to get 16 of these for a line in mixer as well for tracking guitars and things, but it could also be used as a DAW summer.  Anyone have any thoughts on how this could be done?  I assume there would be only 2 main output transformers, and the output of each PCB, unbalanced, would head off to a summing buss of some sort with pan pot - that's the part I don't get, or know how to do.  We need to keep this going!

Thanks,
Sig

Siegfried Meier said:
Been some time since we've heard from Martin.  

Indeed! :) Work's got me pretty swamped. I think this is a very slick way to go (as per the email I sent you earlier): http://s3.amazonaws.com/Martin_Adriaanse/balancedmixnetwork.pdf

But I'd have the EZ-LN72 handle the fader, so you don't have to use a dual track.

Also, using the above setup will grow hair on your chest because it's LCR only. It will eliminate whining like: "but, but, but I want it 2% more to the left" or "I'm not sure which pan law sounds better, can we try the other one?". Rotate your stereo pair of mics to get your panning and thank me later. :)

Best,

M.

I have 4 ez1290 boards. Will it be possible to wire 2 of these up as stereo line amps? i assume it is but not sure. I would like to build an 8 channel nevesque summing mixer.  Also could you clarify, is the only difference between the line amp and pre amp versions the gain level?  cheers for ur help

you can use ez1290 boards as line in boards... that what i am using currently...

skip filling the BA part next/in front of the grayhill switch...

this is how you wire itbelow, and you will also need  carnhil 9046; and a lorlin for gain switch

i would use new boards tho, they are smaller, and grayhill switch is on the pcb...

neveconnection-1.png

thanks Kambo for the quick reply...i have one more question tho:

i saw on earlier post somthing about a pad?! on KMR Audio website (the link is dead now so i dont know wat product it was). Could that be used with an ez1290 stereo pre so i could both mix through it from my DAW and use it as a preamp aswell? cheers

i have no idea re kmr pad... but
if you mean, you wanted to use mic and line level from ez1290 board, answer is yes...
one at a time tho :)
use original gain switch on board for mic level, and additional one for line level as i posted above...

but you need to make a selector switch for line/mic input.
so, you can use one input at a time... and remember mic level gain switch will control line level gain too.... so when you switch to line level input, you need to terminate that connection... look at the 1290 schematic... you will figure it out...

someone selling a switch for this...
from the same  switch ( grayhill on a pcb with some resistors) you can control line level/off/mic level gain.....
i will post the link when i find it.... somewhere in my bookmark list...

EDIT : Glide On Fade Awesome Switch
http://www.glideonfade.com/electronics.htm

kambo said:
someone selling a switch for this...
from the same  switch ( grayhill on a pcb with some resistors) you can control line level/off/mic level gain.....
i will post the link when i find it.... somewhere in my bookmark list...

this woud be very helpful if you could :D  cheers

Latest posts

Back