1o73 Line-in boards - mission accomplished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
link is already posted...

Glide On Fade Awesome Switch
http://www.glideonfade.com/electronics.htm

Hello, looking at Martins' picture in the first post, can anybody tell me where to connect the 4 wires from the fader. I can see the Yellow and Red terminations, but not the Black or Green.

EDIT. thank you Martin, it is working wonderfully.

Assuming a Penny and Giles 3220 fader: blue, black, green are tied together at ground, yellow to L, red to P, omit 10K and jumper. :)

This is the fader I used: http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/PG-02-D25578_extended_info.html

Hope this helps,

M.

Does anyone have a lead on any more St. Ives L31267 line input transformers?  I just found 8 at a really good price, but I need roughly 10 more to build the monster that I'm attempting right now.

Thanks!!
Sig

Hi,

Yes sure, with a buffer, and maybe a switch so you can monitor the in/output.

Check this link http://www.jlmaudio.com/VU%20Buffer.htm

DJN

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for using the St. Ives line input transformer?  Martin sent me a document but for the life of me I can't sort it out.  Anyone make something simple like what used to be in his original 1290 build documents?

Thanks so much!!
Sig

Anyone?  Hoping to get this last little bit wired up and off the bench today.

I haven't really seen anyone show pics of their finished units.  Have any of these actually been completed?

Thanks guys!
Sig

Edit - Got a great little drawing from Martin, I can upload if anyone needs it.

Martin,

This line amp would work nicely in a summing box. Is there a summing
box design available that two of your line amps can be integrated into ?

If anyone cares to post some links to summing box projects that these line amps would
be good on for output L-R , this would be helpful.

Forgive my ignorant question,(still very new to diy)  but I have done a lot of reading on the subject and I am still confused.  Is this a way of adding a line input to an EZ1290 mic pre or an altogether different line amp?

I see.  Perhaps I have looked over it, but is there a way to add a line in to the EZ1290?

looking into building a 16 channel box with these using EA's 10468's (in reverse for line in) and 1166's (on the outputs). Looks like the ez1290 has spec'd 500mA/channel as an overbuilt PSU. Any ideas what these LN72's draw per channel?

Some thoughts on the input gain control:
- Remoted to a front panel with wire's? Will this likely cause problems/oscillation?
- Use of a POT instead of greyhill for input gain control?

Some thoughts on mounting in an RU box:
- cards side by side. 8x channels wide, 2x channels high in the chassis.
- 100mm faders on the front panel. 16x wide. That provided about 1" for each fader which looks to still have a little room. Tight but I believe I can probably fit 16 channels into a standard RU box.
- Mute button. Have to check out the board to see where this can go. ie; cuts input signal or post fader signal.
- Polarity switch. Should this switch secondary or primary of IP trafo / OP trafo?
- Output trim in addition to fader.
- I'm seeing 6RU may be possible for 16 channel-strips.
- Channelstrip controls = POLARITY, I/P-GAIN, MUTE/CUT, AUX-OUT-ATTEN, FADER

Other thoughts:
- Additional untrimmed output.
- Balanced trafo out
- Unbalanced out. (looks like this may be -2.5db)
- One output trimmed, another just post fader. Maybe a pre/post switch for the trimmed output so it can be used like a send and multed/bussed as needed from the patchbay.
- main trafo balanced out to feed a 16x2 LCR passive summing mixer with 20k destination impedance. Maybe two of these with destinations in parallel for a four-main-bus system @ 10k dest-impedance. Makeup gain provided by patchable preamp.
- Maybe and I/P-A/B select would be nice for A/B'ing between "processed" and "bypass" without using an insert. ie; DAW -> EQ/DYN->I/P-A,||'d, DAW->I/P-B.

Thoughts / Comments?

Best,
jonathan

Latest posts

Back