All things G1176 - the new "repost" thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt it has anything to do with the GR amp.
You can disable it and still measure a change on the FET gate, and there should be no change on the Anode of either of the FDH333 diodes.

a2d said:
It all started with Q1 and Q10 in the right/ wrong way, I didn't know that they are not the same as the screaning
I've had every component in the GR meter driver amp and GR control amp out and tested and reinstalled,
I even replaced all the BC107's I going to switch out Q6,Q7,Q8,Q9 and see what happens

Yes. Q1 and Q10 could be in the wrong way (if you orient them according to the print on the PCB)  using the 2N5457 FETS  as opposed to the BF245A because the pins are reversed. I dont know if that would damage them or not. Did you replace them?

yes I did have them in the wrong way in the beginning, I did replace them, I got a good matched set from HB

Chrome Heart said:
a2d said:
It all started with Q1 and Q10 in the right/ wrong way, I didn't know that they are not the same as the screaning
I've had every component in the GR meter driver amp and GR control amp out and tested and reinstalled,
I even replaced all the BC107's I going to switch out Q6,Q7,Q8,Q9 and see what happens

Yes. Q1 and Q10 could be in the wrong way (if you orient them according to the print on the PCB)  using the 2N5457 FETS  as opposed to the BF245A because the pins are reversed. I dont know if that would damage them or not. Did you replace them?

Great. That's what I thought. That would be point 19.
Can you measure the following:
-10V rail.
Voltage across R83.
Voltage on wiper of Qbias (ie point 18) at each extreme of the Qbias pot.

gswan said:
-10V rail.
Voltage across R83.

as for the voltage across R83 do you mean measure each side to grnd or probe  each side of the resistor

Gswan I'm very greatfull for your help!!!

ok my negitive 10v rail is -9.85v
across R83 1.945v
voltage on bias full R -2.918 full L 0.6mV

gswan said:
-10V rail.
Voltage across R83.

a2d said:
ok my negitive 10v rail is -9.85v
across R83 1.945v
voltage on bias full R -2.918 full L 0.6mV

Something wrong here.
-V rail looks OK.
The voltage across R83 should be the same as the voltage when the Qbias pot is fully R (in your case).
Check that the pot is correctly installed, there are some jumper/links for certain types of pots I think. What type did you use? Check that the pot is correctly in circuit and connected to the junction of R83 and R82.

a2d said:
on pad 18 there is -2.913v with bias CW and release  CCW with te release CCW there is -2.903v the is good i think

That looks good. The pot is not upsetting the bias at the Qbias trimmer point. It is further up the chain.
Check the values of R7 and R8 as well, just in case.

Yes, we want to measure the voltage swing at the intersection of the two pots with the FET circuitry connected and then disconnected to ascertain whichg part of the circuit is causing the disruption.

Back