All things G1176 - the new "repost" thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this measured at the pot (not the wire)? What is the voltage on either end of the Release pot (just to check where you have the Qbias pot set to)?

Check point (19), it's sounding like a wiring error. There should be no change of the voltage at the junction of the attack and release pots with the diodes lifted and the wire to point (7) also disconnected.

if I have -9.05 V on the low side of the release pot I should have a constant voltage output on the other end of the 5 meg pot regardless of the pots positin , is this correct
if it is it sounds like a bad pot, because the voltage changes then you turn the pot

a2d said:
ummmm the pot wiring is good, as the ratio board wiring ???

Check again. Current is leaking out somewhere. You have the Qbias voltage source feeding the Release pot and attack pots and nothing else. There is no path to ground so you must have a constant voltage (V18) at both these points (top of attack pot, which used to go to point 19, and junction of two pots which used to go to 7), irrespective of pot position.

a2d said:
if I have -9.05 V on the low side of the release pot I should have a constant voltage output on the other end of the 5 meg pot regardless of the pots positin , is this correct
if it is it sounds like a bad pot, because the voltage changes then you turn the pot

A bad pot would show either full voltage or nothing (ie open circuit). Unless you have connected the body to GND and one of the legs is shorting to GND (against the front panel etc)

Back