Altec 436 PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you going double sided pcb or trying to keep it
one sided?

seems most factories charge the same for either 1 or 2 sided .

if you go 2 side , the you could impliment a better gnd ,

seperating HV from audio gnd .

those are octal tube prints correct ?

what soft ware ya using .

if you need any help or stuff , pcbs are my thing.

g.

If someone can teach me how to insert pictures in my post It would be great... :oops:

I'm working on the pcb, I'll let you know.

Drip, thanks for the help, I think I'll go 2 side, What's your suggestion for a better ground?

I'm using Target 3001

if you have a better hi res schematic , that would be cool .
a link will do too
heres how for inserting pics

imagename.jpg

put in a single sentence no spaces .

never used target , but im sure it's similar to all pcb proggys.

g.

Nadege,

All the 436's that I have made have used 1 x 7pin valve, & 2 x 9pin valves.

Your current board design appears to use 1 x 7pin & 2 octal sockets. Are you using different valves to the original 436 ? If so which ones are you substituting in there ?

Hey, another Target user :grin:
If you are in need to have tube sockets etc let me know, I did my D-LA2A and D-AOC layouts in Target with my own libraries, and had to do the footprint for 7 / 8 / 9pin sockets on my own.

Hello,

here is a (I hope) better image of the urrent pcb:

I'm using sowter 3575 input transformer, sowter 9745 output transformer (off board).
I've corrected the octal tube socket to noval socket (don't know why I put octal ????) :?:

I'm not really happy with this design at the moment. Too much jumper.

I will make another version whith the mod suggested by emrr and probably will make a double side PCB

let me know your impression.

[silent:arts] I've made made my own Target library of component but I'll be really happy to share that whith you.

altec436version1300.jpg[img]

[quote author="Nadege"]

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Nadege1509/altec436version1300.jpg[/quote]

[url]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Nadege1509/altec436version1300.jpg[/url]

[img]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Nadege1509/altec436version1300.jpg

[quote author="Nadege"]Shit, link is not working... :evil:[/quote]

Just push the "Img-button" type the complete web-adress where the image is then push the "Img-button" again...

Ok, I learned something new every day :green:

As you notice on the pcb there is one connection missing between pin 3 and 8 of the 6CG7

I have to redo a pcb to fix that.

Ok new try...

Please don't be too hard with me, it's the very beginning of this project and there is still a lot of mistake and future improvement are planned.

The PCB Artwork will changed A LOT, The schematic also.

All tips and tricks are more than welcome.

altec436version1schembig.jpg

ah , cool .

im still having trouble seeing some of the text.

the words become fuzzy and can't make out.

you can post a link , to a more legible larger version.

if you could , id love to help you.

you should of seen my first la2a pcb ,

it was 24"inches x12" inches.. lol , a real mess and it didn't work .

i think your doing fine ,

g.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/Nadege1509/altec436version1schembig.jpg

I've edited my post with a schematic with bigger text size

[quote author="Nadege"]Hey,

I've understand how to insert an image :razz: :razz: :razz:[/quote]

:thumb:

Talking about the EMI mod,

there are a lot of secret around those mod, why??? I really wonder if it's really a big improvement.

I wonder if anybody would have talk about this if it wasn"t "used by the beatles". :twisted:

Anyway. I'm not planning to included the "real EMI beatles approved" mod in my pcb, but I think some mod are really usefull.

I came accross some modification instruction made by NYDave , but before including them I really need to know if he is ok to share is work on this project and if he can alllow me to use them. (I think it can make the project more interessing)

Let me know Dave....

Back