Another DIY lunchbox

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to make them both 500 and 51x compatible. Like a person config it so that 2 slots could be 51x and the rest normal 500?

Do you have an idea when this will be out??

Hi, sorry for lack of activity here, 2013 started for me with some personal problems and I wasn't able to focus on this at all.

Anyway, I've done first prototype with enclosure made of bent sheet metal but I wasn't very happy with the outcome both cost  and look - wise so I've decided to go another way. Check out this awesome Heritage Audio rack for Neve modules:

_MG_0333.jpg

I've already ordered side and back panels -  they're gonna be laser cut out of aluminium. Now the most difficult part are the euro rack rails and that's what I'm working on right now.
PCB's are already designed and I will be ordering a prototype as soon as I confirm that the metalwork I've planned is doable with reasonable cost.

Also, I'm doing all the prototyping with 4-slot boxes since it saves me money and gives me all the dimensions I need anyway. Here's a preview:

mini.jpg

Thanks for your ongoing interest guys!

That looks like its going to be really awesome :) But I got to say there was something delightfully simple about your original design...

yes, a good one! got all the parts confirmed, now waiting for the rest of the parcels to arrive and I'll assemble the last (hopefully) prototype.

Untitled.jpg

For those who had given hope that this was going to happen:

lunchbox.JPG

This is a prototype made of plywood as it is way cheaper than prototyping with alu. Most of the hardware is missing - I just installed one slot for testing. Will be doing complete build once I get aluminium sides and backlplate.

That's all, I'll keep you updated

Got the neutricks in the mail yesterday, everything fits nicely. The last thing I am missing now are panels made of aluminium instead of birch ply and screws for xlrs, They should arrive sometime next week  :)

lbox_back.jpg

Hi there.  This is my first ever post on this site.  I would be very interested in a 500 series lunchbox, as I'm about to make my first ever electrical thing....a 312 pre!

Regards

Ben

Just got the info about delay of my order from the metalwork shop :(:( New ETA is set for Wednesday next week.
Oh well, been waiting so long I guess one more week is not that bad.

No new pictures this time, but you can have a look at my amazing cad model ;)
lbox.jpg

Hi,
Has anyone ever ordered samples from EDAC? I've written them three emails and used a form on their website but noone ever got back to me. Is it just me that they're ignoring? It's a pity cause I'd like to use their connectors for the lunchboxes, but I need to order multiplies of 25 at my distributor which I don't feel like doing before checking the fit first :/ <Rant mode off>

Yeah I forgot to check the usual suspects like Farnell and Mouser. FAIL.

@anjing: I've sent you a PM

Back