Calrec EQ front panel layout.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't order any more frontpanels from Schaeffer! Otherwise I have to wait so long for my panels. :grin:
Monday I visited Schaeffer and I was able to take a look inside the workshop. A CNC at work. Interesting to see how they do it. :cool:
Sorry, taking pictures was forbidden.

Hi Frank,

Nice stuff! Opened your first beta-layout and looked ok. 5 mm is a bit tight for the LED, but it depends on how you mount it. My LED is 5 mm so without a mount the hole should be 5 mm. With LED-mount it will be larger, like 11 mm, Will check some more tomorrow.

Adios,
corneel

[quote author="gyraf"]Vikki - I'm sorry if you find this question offending - but are you really a girl? I mean, I've NEVER heard of any girls diving into electronics far enough to actually take on a project like this.. :shock:

Jakob E.[/quote]
As a PCB Designer I've worked with a lot of Electrical Engineers. While not a lot are women I've worked with a few and all knew their craft well. The first one I'll never forget. I was working at Scientific Computer Systems, a super computer start up in the 80's, there was this woman who looked like a real hippie, sort of like she would be behind a counter selling beads at a head shop in Height Ashbury, or lived in a commune. I didn't know she was an EE until I was assigned to work with her on one of the boards in this super computer. She was one of the best engineers I've ever worked with, the board was huge, 21" x 24", 14 layer, with some very fast, (for the day), ECL logic and a mixed bag of analog and powersupply for several voltages, it was one of the main boards in the processor section of the super computer. She was so thorough I think it only took one or two revisions to get dialed in, quite an achievement. After that experience I pretty much anticipate women to do good in electronics. 2 years ago I worked with a little chineese lady here at Cisco on a very complex router, lots of critical length routes and tough signal integrity constraints. So women as electronic masterminds doesn't surprise me. However, women that are interested in building recording gear, that's new to me.
Kelley

JayDee: What about your manley designed sontec ?
Don't know!? Is your sontec finished? :roll:

Flo:I sprayed the whole frontpanel, everything was ok and while i labeled it one small letter wasn't in the right direction. So i wanted to take it off and a big chunk of paint came off So i had to scrap all the laquer from the frontpanel and do it all over again (this time of course with "haftlack"). Well leason learned !
:? Never had a problem with this. The standard car laquer is very strong, and if you have to take off some letters... no problem. I don't need to use a base coat (haftlack). Maybe you have other kind of laquer?

Michael Krusch:Please don't order any more frontpanels from Schaeffer! Otherwise I have to wait so long for my panels.
Monday I visited Schaeffer and I was able to take a look inside the workshop. A CNC at work. Interesting to see how they do it.

No more schaeffer panels. My planned next steps are: buy export filter for FPEexpress, save money to buy a CNC. :wink:
but first... i have to build this little home studio...
Have you met Mrs. Henseler at schaeffer? :grin: Do you get schaeffer-jellybaby for free? :cool:

Synthi: What program do you use for making the scales?? CorelDraw?
Yes. I used Corel Draw. But thats a bit tricky to use. But exporting itselfes to HPGL is easy. You have to install the *.plt filter from corel draw.
But engraving in general has its limitations. You're limited to some colours and colour filled surfaces aren't cheap... but i love engraved panels :wink:

Frank.

[quote author="nrgrecording"]

If somone needs a HPGL anymore... give me a sign.
(but for an import to FPexpress you have to choose the HPGL first, then place the HPGL, set the correct colour...)
[/quote]

Would it be possible to get the scales in a different format besides .fpd? I use Corel and AutoCAD and these are easier to use for me.

Those front panels look nice, sadly my Calrec just has a plain aluminium front panel and industrial type knobs, made from the case and inards of a vibration testing machine. Just a matter of interest how do you post a photo?
Vikki(uk) :grin: :wink:

Just a matter of interest how do you post a photo?

To post a photo... you have to upload the photo on a server so that the photo is always online...
Webspace is available for free. Mostly you'll need to create an account for free. (to get more spam mail) :roll:

You'll need the complete link of the photo.

E.g. this picture:
http://www.nrgrecording.de/assets/images/gerate.jpg

In the message window you have to add something at the beginning and at the end of the link... (there is a botton at the top if the message editor)

<<< at the end

looks like this: (but without spaces between the link)

gerate.jpg

the final photo:
gerate.jpg

I hope this helps, Vikki?
Otherwise... ask here :wink:

maybe you could post a picture of the calrec vibrator test machine? :green:

hmm...
it seems that the picture don't work with external linking...

so, it must be copied to a new browser window...

click here for vikki-picture:
http://www.uploadyourimages.com/view/006202vikki11.jpg

[quote author="nrgrecording"]hmm...
it seems that the picture don't work with external linking...

so, it must be copied to a new browser window...

click here for vikki-picture:
http://www.uploadyourimages.com/view/006202vikki11.jpg[/quote]

Thanks for that...I promise to get the hang of this when I post the picture of the calrec but that will be a few days off I have to wait to get my camera back.

Does anyone know of any better image uploading sites?

[quote author="Vikki"]Does anyone know of any better image uploading sites?[/quote]

http://www.photobucket.com/

Great site.

Cheers,

elco

Hi,
I'm searching for a front panel for a Calrec 1549 project.
Has someone try this one? : Calrec4_beta.fpd
and what is the price ?
thank you by advance :wink:

Back