"Crush-n-Blend"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I have built a simmilar circuit around diff amps INA137, and line drivers DRV134. And what i have noticed is that turning the panpot from left to right, both signals ( compressed and uncompressed) get mixed, at the summing amp, ok so far, BUT, i see/hear/notice that there is an IMAGE SHIFT from one channel to another, MAYBE due to the gain difference between compressed and uncompressed signal. ¿is that true? The difference between L/R is about 3-5 db depending on the panpot setting, and is clearly noticeable.

¿does anybody experienced this problem? ¿how to overcome this? maybe i'm missing something. SSL tech says to balance the output of the compressed signal and the dry signal... if someone can give a clue on this..

Thank you very much
JAY X

Hi,

Ok i think i got it!. The clue is to set correctly the gain levels of the incomming direct signals and then Blend the wet and dry signal. This makes me think that it would be useful to have the differential inputs with variable gain, to match the signal levels...¿am i right?

Any comment wellcome,
Thank you very much
JAY X

Hi, all
Thanks for this! Great Design.

It would like to build the GSSL Compressor. Will it porperly work to integrate this crush n blend for a classic dry/wet control?
After reading this thread Iam not very sure, which way to go. Is there a top notch solution?

Another Question: Is this circuit a passiv design? Because I can not see any connections for a power supply.
Thanks a lot for helping my rusty sense know how right now =)

Jonas

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back