Dan's front panels and cases.. new panels for Gustav's projects, 1U CLX-VU panel

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dan,
do you still have some GSSL with PPM14 cutout ?
if yes, are they with sidechain option ?
regards,
Francois

Hi all,

Has anyone heard from Dan recently?

Unfortunately, Dan has not posted in his White Market store since March 31 and has not logged into this forum since April 18. He did respond to an email I sent him on April 26 to say he was sorry he hadn't mailed the panel I ordered on March 30 because he was busy and had been traveling. He said he was not sure the panel would fit and offered to refund my money. I told him to send the panel and I'd deal with it. He has not responded to another email I sent on May 5. Needless to say, I have not received my panel a month and a half after paying. I corresponded with another customer who has been waiting longer.

I don't know what the story is, but be forewarned that this business seems to have been abandoned. Too bad...

bobine said:
be forewarned that this business seems to have been abandoned. Too bad...

I've dealt with Dan on multiple occasions... sometimes with long periods of no communication. He always delivers in the end, so dont give up hope yet.

lovelyworldsound said:
Hi Dan,

I´m about to build 2 W492 in a 1 unit rack (for stereo operation). I think your panels look great - so what do I need to order from you to get my hole project covered - if I don´t wanna do any metal-work ;)?

Best Regards
Anders Bau

I have exactly the same question. Thanks!

Yeah, I was in mailing with him recently, everything in his life just kinda seems to have come together
in one big yarn so he's time-managing like a loon. He's totally committed to getting everybody cared for
but knowing how this works sometimes you're not prepared for it when it hits you.

Hey, thanks for the support guys!

No, I haven't "abandoned shop" yet, but like Lukas says, it's been really busy. Sorry to have kept those that I did waiting, but everything should be on its way now, I've sent the last remaining two packages out today.

A "zero metalwork" W492... isn't ready yet, but I'm working on something that should make this possible, in a couple of weeks I hope.

I've also got the 69 EQ panels on the go at the moment; for what it's worth, I have to make about seven different trips (early morning, before work) to different places when doing a combined silk screening/anodizing panel run, and clean up each panel by hand in the process, so that's what I'll be doing this weekend.

All the best,
Dan

As the shop has just reopened after  a long work period....
payment just sent for 2 GSSL panels !
i must say i have allready ordered panels
to Dan and his work is excellent,
good communication and fast shipping
A great guy ! ;-)
keep the business alive !
And i also hope you will have some 1U cases soon !
Regards,
Francois

Got my W492 panels today, nice ! But I thought the rear mounting plates would be included.... Not a big issue though, I can take a pair of aluminium plates and do the drilling myself too.

Anyhow, the frontplates are excellent !

Thanks Dan !

Hi,
    I too was waiting for awhile for panels I ordered, but with the help of a fellow member to contact Dan,, communication was restored, I recieved the panels today, and they look awesome !

I now agree with 
livingnote said:
Yeah, I was in mailing with him recently, everything in his life just kinda seems to have come together
in one big yarn so he's time-managing like a loon. He's totally committed to getting everybody cared for
but knowing how this works sometimes you're not prepared for it when it hits you.

dustbro said:
I've dealt with Dan on multiple occasions... sometimes with long periods of no communication. He always delivers in the end, so dont give up hope yet.

I know from my own experience how life sometimes piles up quick...and can now say from experiance  Dan's a stand up guy

Thanks Dan

pacemaker said:
As the shop has just reopened after  a long work period....
payment just sent for 2 GSSL panels !
i must say i have allready ordered panels
to Dan and his work is excellent,
good communication and fast shipping
A great guy ! ;-)
keep the business alive !
And i also hope you will have some 1U cases soon !
Regards,
Francois

Thanks Francois! They're on their way!

helterbelter... They should have been included, I must have forgotten to send them, sorry! I can still post them to you if want, or at least email you a pdf of a drilling template if you haven't done the panel already..

Sredna... Just about to email you back :)

And thanks Chip.. :)

Cheers!
Dan

Hi Dan,
          I just started getting the front panel for the 4ch. mic pre and noticed that the holes used to attach the front panel to the rest of the case are spaced too far apart... I measure just shy of 17 inches, and the case is 16.5 inches.. its a Parr metal case... any thoughts ?

also .. that second package you mentioned... would that be the W492 backing plates ?

Thanks,
              Chip

ddt said:
helterbelter... They should have been included, I must have forgotten to send them, sorry! I can still post them to you if want, or at least email you a pdf of a drilling template if you haven't done the panel already..

No probs, already made them right after my post, haha. Currently working on the wiring and the PSU, between my other projects of course.

Hello all...
My panels finally arrived today, albeit two months and a day after ordering an item listed as in stock...  :-\

But they are beautiful, especially the slate grey GSSL panel than Dan kindly included as consolation for my wait.  :-*

An update:  I sat down to assemble my Studer EQ and discovered -- as Dan warned me -- that the panel is not designed correctly for these pcbs. But more than just a tight fit, the holes are about 20mm too far to the left for a 17" wide case. An extrordinarily wide case "might" work. The internal width needs to be 17.5" minimally. Redesign is a better idea.
The pcbs will fit if they are mounted upside down, but then the high is low and the low is high -- could be fun. The panel can also be used with the back flipped front and the power switch on the left, which I may do. The pcbs themselves are actually a bit taller than my case (Par-Metal) but washers under the top should allow clearance.

cheers again

b

Hi Dan,
        Just finished my quad W492 with your panels, here's a link to some pix, I think it looks awesome !

Thanks,
            Chip

http://picasaweb.google.com/audiophreeek/W492?feat=directlink#

starting the quad ssl9k next

bobine... Yeah, sorry about that... I was concentrating really hard on getting the right PCB away from the power switch....  :-[ Another workaround could be to mount the PCB on the case and run wires to the switches, but that's not much fun..

audiophreak... looks good! :)

----------------------

One bit of news is that the 69EQ panels are done, so I can start sending them out. (If you're buying just one panel the panel+postage is 32 EUR, so you can just email me with your lab name and address once you send the payment)

----------------------

One other bit of news is that I'll be increasing the prices of the panels to 32 EUR for a 1U panel ant to 35 EUR for a 2U panel, effective as of July 13th - this is so that you can still get them at the current prices; I'll also honour the old prices for those who've expressed interest in the 69 EQ panels.

Thanks,
Dan

Back