FEELER: M49/50 Bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I thought I would give a small update. So I just spoke with the machinest and everything is going well. He has the headbasket mold completed and has all of the material to complete the prototype. So things ar going good so far!! it should only be a few more weeks before I get the prototype, Like mentioned before once we all agree it looks good the collecting of funds will start.

Eric

The yoke is  being looked in too, there are some solutions out on the Internet but all are a bit pricey for what they are. I will update once I have more info.
Eric

Hey everyone

Here is a little taste.

I should have it in my hands soon!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 256
That looks great. I can just imagine the look after a few years, some nice green tarnish in the shape of streaks and finger prints. I'm not being sarcastic, I think that would be a good look. We can call it DIY patina. On another note, how hard would it be for the end user to drill an LED hole in the body like the original M49/M50?

Sadly the dice are not included!
The pins may or may not be there depending on how we work out the mount.
I am trying to keep the cost down and those pins may be a bit cost prohibitive.
More to come..

On another note, how hard would it be for the end user to drill an LED hole in the body like the original M49/M50?
My original Neumann M-49 has a red jewel to indicate the front side of the mic.
It's not an L.E.D. You could glue something on there.
An  L.E.D. would have to be wired in and disconnected whenever you removed the headbasket.

0dbfs, Great idea! It would for sure keep the cost down.  We also thought it would be better to leave the outside clean in case folks wanted to badge them personally.

Yes looks good! Just keeping things alive. I have already started working my way towards making three M50 clones. As we all know the problem is the acrylic ball and capsule. But off topic. I will commit to at least 2 if not 3 bodies when and if. I have just one question and forgive me if it was answered already. Will this body be the right size to hold Dan's M49-50 round kit?

Gods speed :)

Yes, these will fit Dan's PCBs. I have made several spheres after getting the process down. It's was hard initially but now I have the process down and made a jig, etc.

sphere_kk83.jpg

riggler said:
Yes, these will fit Dan's PCBs. I have made several spheres after getting the process down. It's was hard initially but now I have the process down and made a jig, etc.

Nice. What capsule is that? Is it a nickel diaphragm? I feel a little weird asking this ;D but can I see a picture of the back?

Latest posts

Back