FEELER: M49/50 Bodies

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
micaddict said:
Hey, a couple countries more and this might get Olympic status.  :eek:

Currently registering as Canadian  Representatives  ;D

Best,
Dan,

Hot off the presses!!!!
White market thread will be up today. This is the completed prototype, we still have a few finish issues to work out but really that's a minor problem. The machinist is just going to a more aggressive bead blast to give a better matte finish. I am very pleased with the head basket though.

Eric

Getting some pictures prettied up and got my Paypal account in order, when I get home tonight I will update the White Market thread and have Ethan open it up!

Wow, that looks very good (and better than I expected). I wasn't planning an M49 any time soon, but depending how fast these bodies sell, I may have to reserve some.

Edit: What about yokes and shock mounts, etc.? What options do we have?

Sadly the mounts haven't really been a priority, There are a few different options out there that will work.

Hey all,

I have the first prototype in my hands and its fantastic!! Plase check out the white market thread to buy one.
I wanted to post a few pics with the binder connector as well as Poctops pcb's. I will be building the Mic this week..Pics will be posted onceits completed!

I spot a barefoot ninja! The mics look great, nice job guys. I hope I can get me a few at some point.

Hi all,

I just updated the white market thread with some build photos, Here they are in case your super lazy....Like me :)

The spacers I ended up using are half inch on the very bottom 1 inch between the TX PCB and the circuit PCB and another half inch spacer at the top to hold the capsule board. From what I can judge this seems to be setting the capsule heighth about right.

Hey Eric ,  Looks So nice :) ,  Here is the Final Version of the kits that will have an extra Top deck with pre drilled hole for capsule mount and all the improvement requested such as the component value labelling and ground plane connection trough the board,

Looking forward to hear your feedback on those , I bet you will be an happy guy ,

D-M49 b-c Riggler/TSKGuy PCB kit

58d0281993dd6.jpg

Best,
Dan,

The shock mount is a question mark, I am going to modify an existing mount so it can reach around the outer diameter. And there are a few yokes out there that available for this mic as well..

Latest posts

Back