GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=36874.msg453118#msg453118

note: we want for every secondary different windings, not center taps

[silent:arts] said:
WE WANT PICS !!!
Well...here ya go... :D

The mysterious missing skid of boxes.
GDIY_1_web.jpg

All the parts sorted out. We need some more Neutriks and PSU PCB's. Where can we get some of those?
GDIY_2_web.jpg

What will happen next?  8)

Regards, Jeff

Just got mi KIT today.
looks awesome!
thank you guy, it's now time to solder it all together!
PSU! PSU!  PSU! PSU! PSU!

Best,
Mattia.

Ptownkid said:
INVOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) ;) :D ;D :eek: ;D :D ;) :)
Lets give Jeff some time to make sure everything is there and ok first! With the troubles with the last shipment I would rather wait and find any more problems before there are any hang ups at this point its all based on place in line, lets say that there are say 3 problem cases and Jeff can't fill all the orders if the last 99 orders get their payments in first is order 1 screwed? lets wait patience grasshopper and all maybe well.

OK Ptown, calm your wallet. The time will come soon enough.  :-*

ddageek is on the right track. There are some behind the scenes things I will try to explain quickly.

First off, Volker and Cemal are in a completely different time zone so instant communication can't always be completed. I sent them a couple of emails with various info/questions last night while they were sleeping. I woke this morning to 13 emails between the 2 of them! It has been happening like this for many, many months now.  :eek:

OK here's the jest...Remember back, Volker ordered 600 of each XLR gender to start. When he got more cash(last year) he ordered more. They are 6 weeks delivery time, made to order. He has them now. Well, it turns out that Neutrik screwed up his first order and did not send equal amounts of M and F XLR's. This was verified last night when I looked at each tray to be sure what I had. Now (today) Volker has shipped me what I need to complete my portion of the first 100. Until I receive those, I have only 27 kits worth of XLR's.

Next, I had to order 10K #4-40 black oxide pan head screws to complete the assemblies. Cemal changed a few things in the manufacturing so we now have M2.5 and 4-40 pan heads for the racks and the 4-40 ovals for the modules. I did not know this until last night. No biggie. I ordered today and will receive tomorrow. I will then have to package those.

And next, when this all started, Volker had already shipped his PSU PCB's to Cemal for me. From his first batch he sent me 25pc. Well, everyone but Owel wants 1 if not 2 so we have more on ordered. Like many things, they did not ship before the Spring Holiday in Asia so Volker is sending me another 20 I believe to help fill things out. That is all he has on hand.

What does all this babble mean? As of right now, I can fill the first 25 kit orders plus Owel's order. The rest will have to wait until I receive a nice package from our friend in Germany.

PayPal invoices will be coming over the next few days for the first group of lucky gents. I can tell you that reservation #46, ChuckD is the last of the 25 PSU PCB's.

I hope this makes some sense  ??? ???

Oh, and Ptown, you are in the first 25 so get your cashola ready!  8)

Cheers! Jeff

Oh, one more thing, I think that every package should ship fully insured. I would hate to find out that after all of this, something would get lost or damaged between me and you.

Cheers, Jeff

Calling Lab member erockomania. I still have not received your ship to info and PayPal email address. I have sent pm's and emails but no response. Unfortunately, if I have not heard from you by the time I get to your spot on the list, I must skip over you!!

This goes for bendymusic too! Come on Andy!

Please email your info to me jsteiger1965 @ yahoo . com

Cheers, Jeff

jsteiger said:
SNIP! >%

PayPal invoices will be coming over the next few days for the first group of lucky gents. I can tell you that reservation #46, ChuckD is the last of the 25 PSU PCB's.

I hope this makes some sense  ??? ???

Oh, and Ptown, you are in the first 25 so get your cashola ready!  8)

Cheers! Jeff

Oh, ough, eek. I'm number 47.... I can wait, I can wait, I can wait...

Thanks, Ethan

more Neutriks are ordered Jeff, delivery announced to the 13th week of 2010 :-\

the Neutrik represent I talked on the phone said we are the only ones ordering this connectors, thus the lead time.
I think this is due all manufactures use the A or AA series.
those are cheaper, but completely plastic.
might be fine with assembling once, but this is DIY, I wouldn't want to see those plastic series screwed / unscrewed a few time. using the cheaper series wouldn't be better than cloning an API rack ...
we will stay with our special status to be lonely with this connectors.

[silent:arts] said:
more Neutriks are ordered Jeff, delivery announced to the 13th week of 2010 :-\

the Neutrik represent I talked on the phone said we are the only ones ordering this connectors, thus the lead time.
I think this is due all manufactures use the A or AA series.
those are cheaper, but completely plastic.
might be fine with assembling once, but this is DIY, I wouldn't want to see those plastic series screwed / unscrewed a few time. using the cheaper series wouldn't be better than cloning an API rack ...
we will stay with our special status to be lonely with this connectors.
Just to clarify, Volker is sending me the balance of the required XLR's to complete 52 of my 53 kits. The "more Neutriks are ordered" is referring to the next batch of racks to go out. As of now, I have 2 people that have not committed so it is looking like the next person in line will get one of these first ones.

BTW, my pan head #4-40's showed up so I have everything I need. Time for some weighing and counting of fasteners.

I entered all lower customers into my UPS database last night and have started calculating actual shipping costs for each person individually. This takes longer but is more fair for everyone. That way Shabtek and the other local Lab members are not paying UPS rates for a box going to Cali.

Bear with me. Things are moving along in a forward direction.  ;)

Best, Jeff

Back