My GSSL - finally finished

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's time for a new ssl-pcb???

maybe one eurocard for one channel + sidechain, so you could build a dual mono compressor... and have some space left for the "gimmicks" :)

ok i have a CKT, PCB and PDF files of the schematic and PCB if someone wishes to host them.

I'm going to be etching these tommorrow but until then can someone look and see if they see anything wrong with them?

:thumb:

it's circuitmaker, and the companion traxmaker.

the PDF should be actual size. I etched and drilled some boards today, but ran out of caps for this so it'll be a few more days before i can test them for sure.

:thumb:

ok tests complete! that filter works like a charm! i can hear a big difference. I have two A/B clips if anyone can host them..

Hey silent:arts,
good job.. :thumb: the stuff looks great. I'm jealous.... in a good way. I like the voltage selector on the back.. I'm going to try to find some like that.

thanks...
I'll see if I can find some like that here in the US.
btw.. will these trim pots work??
490-2889-nd and 490-3021-nd (on digikey)

Hi! This is my first post here. I have just finished my first projekt, a gssl. :guinness:

I have build the Thrust filter, but i need some adwise on the hookup, please. I used the PCB pdf files to make the circuit, but I'm confused by the difference between the placement and connection of the connectors on the pdf and the board pictured in silent:arts's clone. Could someone please explain how to make these connections?
Also, I'm not sure how to connect the ground coming from C8 and C9 on silent:arts's schematic...

Lars

Ps.
I had some great help from Gustav and Jakob, as I build it at Gustav's place last sunday with Jakob measuring to check that the circuit was allright. In fact, there were about 8 of us there and we all came home with a working circuit(I think :roll: ) for our gssl's. I have been wanting to get into DIY, so this was the perfekt chance! ....Thanks alot guys!! :grin:

Hi Lars, welcome to the Lab!

Svarts PCB is not exactly what you see in my picture.
let me have a look:

regarding to "thrustoverlay2" left top corner:
PCB J9-1 is GND = 1 and 2 on the schematic = front two socket pins on the picture (hard to see, I used the PCB holes from the on board trafo as sockets for the PCB, and connected GND through them)
PCB J9-2 is +15V = PL2-2 on the schematic = brown wire on the picture
PCB J9-3 is -15V = PL2-1 on the schematic = black next to the brown wire on the picture

PCB J10-1 is Output = PL2-5 on the schematic = yellow wire from the right connector on the picture
PCB J10-2 is GND again

PCB J11 is the Input = PL2-3 and PL2-4 on the schematic = orange and red wires on the picture.

PCB J12-1 is "without filter" and goes to the switch = PL1-1 on the schematic = grey wire on the picture
PCB J12-2 is "THRUST ON" and goes to the other side of the switch = PL1-3 on the schematic = yellow wire on the picture
PCB J12-3 is "switch return" = PL1-2 on the schematic = black wire on the picture

as far as I can see C8 and C9 from my shematic are not included on Svarts PCB, and you can live without them.

was a long day for me, so check if this makes sense.
if so, wire it up, switch it on. I know you will like it :green:

sorry guys! I'll modify the drawings to show where the connections go on monday!

I still haven't been getting around to fixing my cd-rom so i still haven't been able to get the comparison files off of the cd.. :oops:

Did you guys use the PCB layout or make your own?

I've been using the circuit in a GSSL for a few weeks now and i'm starting to wonder how i used the compressor without it!!

:guinness:

Latest posts

Back