Neve Style knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomas1808 said:
I would like 30 Red and 20 Blue, all with inserts.

I am in Uruguay, South America though.

Pain in the ass maybe?

Thanks!

I'm guessing that will be OK if you go on the US group buy as postage would be cheapest from there.
I'll put you under US in the first post and see if tommypiper can organize that. Let me know if you have a problem.

sharpeleven said:
Any word on what the blue color looks like? I've ordered some blue ones in the past but they turned out way too bright compared to the original Neve ones. The red ones look spot on judging from the pic.

I'm in for 40 red and possibly 40 blue (-> Europe, Switzerland)

will you order grey ones too? How about the smaller Neve trim knobs?

I would definitely say that the blue ones will be  brighter than the original Neve ones. For me I am not so worried, I need about 60 knobs and although I would love to buy the Elma knobs of Jeff and for an all aluminium reproduction with set screws they are the best value to date. For the close to $600 it would cost me I could buy 2 more Classic API pre amps or that extra ribbon mic with the Samar Transformers that's beckoning me. I would definitely recommend anyone building a replica Neve to go with the knobs from Jeff if you want a really authentic look.
I'm really just hoping to make my EZ1073 1RU units look more Neve-esque so people can at least know that it is Neve style preamp rather than look like an exact reproduction. It is crazy how much the look of a piece of gear can effect whether someone wants to use it or not.

cheers  Greg

spase said:
yeah i would like to have some of that small trim gray knobs :)

perhaps have a look on the Daier web site and see if there is a knob that looks right and see if we can get them added to the order. Not sure what the MOQ would be though.
http://www.chinadaier.com/Product.asp?BigClassName=KNOB

cheers Greg

As I said before I am in for the 50 red's and 50 inserts. 

One word of caution on inserts, the drawing below shows that the inside of the knob is moulded with a spider of sorts (4 internal webs supporting a central tube containing the splines).  Most brass inserts would seem to have a larger OD that the OD of the internal web support "spline tube".  If so, while the knob could be filled with plastic or epoxy, or bondo, it might be problematic to center the inserts.  (Note:  I still want the inserts, I can use them regardless.)

These LOOK the same (but I don't know if they are) http://www.don-audio.com/Red-Marconi-style-knob-skirted

If they are the same I am very pleased with the red.

bruce0 said:
These LOOK the same (but I don't know if they are) http://www.don-audio.com/Red-Marconi-style-knob-skirted

If they are the same I am very pleased with the red.

Yeah, and on the same page you see the blue, which may be the same blue we would be getting.  It's definitely lighter -- I would almost call it a baby blue -- on the verge of pukey blue... :)  Keep that in mind everyone who is ordering blues!!!

And on the same page, are grays.  They look good. 

guitar4444 said:
That would be great if you could organize the US. I think buying separately would work out quicker and cheaper.

cheers Greg

Thanks, Greg.  OK, I'll look into it and send him an email.  I could order for N & S America... as long as this doesn't get too out of hand, too many orders...  ;)

tommypiper said:
guitar4444 said:
That would be great if you could organize the US. I think buying separately would work out quicker and cheaper.

cheers Greg

Thanks, Greg.  OK, I'll look into it and send him an email.  I could order for N & S America... as long as this doesn't get too out of hand, too many orders...  ;)

Hi Tommy,

I would suggest you put a closing time on orders very soon and perhaps charge a small extra fee to cover the cost of shipping and packaging materials. If someone else wants to take it up for another round that would be OK.
Perhaps one of the regular white marketeers could take them up as regular stock though knowing how cheap they are I imagine it wouldn’t be particularly profitable.

cheers  Greg

I'd take 12 red and 12 blue all with inserts. Can you provide some indication of cost with shipping on the first page if its possible? I am in Sydney.

Cheers
Michael

Junction said:
I'd take 12 red and 12 blue all with inserts. Can you provide some indication of cost with shipping on the first page if its possible? I am in Sydney.

Cheers
Michael

Ok sure thing.

I'll be doing the Australian order sometime tomorrow (tues 21st may 13) so any late comers or changes please be quick. Probably won't actually go through till Wednesday, then I think they have up to 10 days processing time and 3 days shipping, then I have to get them out to you guys so be prepared to wait up to three weeks. Will keep you all posted though.

cheers

Junction said:
Junction said:
I'd take 12 red and 12 blue all with inserts.

Ok cheaper than I thought, up my order to 25 Red and 25 Blue all with inserts

Thanks again
Michael

OK I'll let you know more precisely the cost of the Chinese shipping when I have made the order but before I pay in the case that it's substantially different to what I expect

cheers Greg

Hm.., i am not on the european list in the first post. May be you did not see my post from yersterday ?
Just to be shure :)

Wolfgang

Ok, Im waiting for Xuyu's response then I will order :

So to summarize for the EU list :

spase 100 red and 30 blue including inserts for.all.of.them and 80 inserts more
MartyMart 30/30 Blue/Red & inserts
SkunkFunk 50 red and 50 blue with inserts + 50 extra inserts
Mzaar 75 red and 25 blue (no black ?) all with insert + 100 extra inserts
wowi 200 red and 100 blue with inserts and 50 extra inserts
sharpeleven 40 red and possibly 40 blue
slimvince 50 blue + 50 red + 100 inserts
MatthisD 6 red and 2 blue knobs and 8 with inserts
API 100 of the red ones with the inserts
(I will order a few more for the late people)

With that amount, I think custom are gonna make me pay custom tax+EU VAT tax (last time it was about 20% of the price+shipping), well I'll let you know anyway.
Shipping /w packaging should be around 5-8 euros.

Mzaar said:
Hi !

I'm in for 75 red and 25 blue (no black ?) all with insert + 100 extra inserts.

I can organize the thing in EU if you guys are OK with that.

Btw , do you know if inserts are for 6mm or 1/4 ?
Adrien
It's ok by me.

Mzaar said:
Ok, Im waiting for Xuyu's response then I will order :

So to summarize for the EU list :

spase 100 red and 30 blue including inserts for.all.of.them and 80 inserts more
MartyMart 30/30 Blue/Red & inserts
SkunkFunk 50 red and 50 blue with inserts + 50 extra inserts
Mzaar 75 red and 25 blue (no black ?) all with insert + 100 extra inserts
wowi 200 red and 100 blue with inserts and 50 extra inserts
sharpeleven 40 red and possibly 40 blue
slimvince 50 blue + 50 red + 100 inserts
MatthisD 6 red and 2 blue knobs and 8 with inserts
(I will order a few more for the late people)

With that amount, I think custom are gonna make me pay custom tax+EU VAT tax (last time it was about 20% of the price+shipping), well I'll let you know anyway.
Shipping /w packaging should be around 5-8 euros.

That's great, many thanks :)
Marty.

BTW = might be able to "darken down" the baby blue with a good soak in some strong cold tea !!
It's worked before for me, getting a bit of a vintage look to white knobs ... end up cream.

Damn, I am the only one from South America  :-X

Is anyone willing to re-ship some knobs to Uruguay? (Preferably someone from the US Group)

I would take 30 Red and 30 Blue knobs.

Thanks in advance!

I would be interested to get 100 of the red ones with the inserts.
What was the cost again per knob?

Back