SERPENT AUDIO - SB4000 / SA-3A / SEND 'N BLEND (FINAL STOCK)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

I am a little bit confused, sorry If I ask something that has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find the information...
Is someone still providing full parts kit for the SB4000 ?

If I understood well, PTownkid was providing them on www.diypartssupply.com but is no longer going to do it.

Ruckus, you left the following message on an PTownkid's thread :

Guess I should clear things up...  For those that didn't see Ptown's post at the top of this page, he's no longer offering kits for the SB4000, I will be offering them direct from now on, for info please visit my White Market thread:

Does it mean you want to provide the kits ? If yes, how can I place an order ?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

timvdp said:
Hello,

I am a little bit confused, sorry If I ask something that has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find the information...
Is someone still providing full parts kit for the SB4000 ?

If I understood well, PTownkid was providing them on www.diypartssupply.com but is no longer going to do it.

Ruckus, you left the following message on an PTownkid's thread :

Guess I should clear things up...  For those that didn't see Ptown's post at the top of this page, he's no longer offering kits for the SB4000, I will be offering them direct from now on, for info please visit my White Market thread:

Does it mean you want to provide the kits ? If yes, how can I place an order ?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Yes, I will be providing PCB component kits for the SB4000.

No, they are not ready yet, they'll be ready sometime around the end of next month.

No, I am not taking preorders for them, as soon as they're ready they'll be vailable to purchase on my website.

ALL SB4001 DIY kits were shipped out this morning.  That was brutal, about 120 hours total to do everything.

Support thread here (in process, hope to have all info up by this evening)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=46609.0

Im willing to bet chuck hasnt eaten, slept or gone to the "facilities" since the package arrived... that guy is a building machine!!!

Ruckus,
According to your previous post, you will be offering the PCB kits for your SB4000(s).
Does that mean that I could buy everything that I need to build the entire unit from you?
If so, is there a timeline for having everything available on your site?

I know that you're busy and I appreciate your efforts. I can't wait to build my own SB4000.

Thanks,
Wave

Pretty sure his plan is to have the pcb, the front panel, and the parts kit. I will be offering the backend chassis (rear panel configured as per your desire) and meters to coincide with the parts kit release.

Cheers

buildafriend said:
I am really sad that the 500 series SB4001 is no longer available as a kit

Same thing happened to AML's ez1073-500.  I guess there's no profit in kits, and that's why these guys take them off the forum and sell them as commercial units.  Seems like only 51X stuff remains as kits for now...

mulletchuck said:
buildafriend said:

Same thing happened to AML's ez1073-500.  I guess there's no profit in kits, and that's why these guys take them off the forum and sell them as commercial units.  Seems like only 51X stuff remains as kits for now...

i think its  a way of testing the units credibility with experienced people

It happens for all sorts of different reasons...and usually never the same one. In this case, the run of 25 was Mike's way of giving back to the forum and getting a handful of them out there before it became a commercial product. Think of how incredibly cool and sought after those 25 units will be if Serpent audio takes off!!!

buildafriend said:
mulletchuck said:
buildafriend said:

i think its  a way of testing the units credibility with experienced people

LOLOLOL i am NOT experienced AT ALL.    And i have no credibility either  ;D ;D ;D

Ruckus,
Order confirmed for one set of SB4000 boards and front panel.

Ptown,
Order for chassis and meter etc coming tonight!

Thanks guys!

Please post questions like that in my thread, and yes we do not have any right now. They will be back in stock when Mike releases the parts kits.

Back