Should I?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="gevermil"]No ... I dont think anyone here would want to do it .
Just forget it . Bad Idea . Nope , no way .
I highly doubt anyone here would like This idea .
:cool:[/quote]

quoted for truth!! i would not buy a couple of these at all. in any way, using money or anything.

please dont do this at all very soon.

nurse, medication please, the voices have come back :shock:

I for one would like to say big thanks already for your generous attitude with the opto that you've released. I've loved your threads, man. Uh, not the clothes, the design discussion. :grin:

If you are concerned about copy protection, or unauthorized builds, maybe keep the scheme off the forum, and we pass it by email amongst those who buy a PCB, or password protected on a site? Otherwise, no worries. Sounds like a dream.

:guinness:

lord have mercy.
with so much soldering,i can`t even remember how to play a C chord.
what the hell,do it.
best regards
pedro

As nike said.... Just do it.

If you don't get your pcbs made with anyone else, give me a buzz and i'll see what I can do.

take care
Gil

Your reputation is now on the line, if you do not do this, you will be history.

Just PCB's are okay, but if there are any hard to get parts, then it would be appreciated if you could supply them as well.

Michael

[quote author="tommypiper"]

If you are concerned about copy protection, or unauthorized builds, maybe keep the scheme off the forum, and we pass it by email amongst those who buy a PCB, or password protected on a site? Otherwise, no worries. Sounds like a dream.

:guinness:[/quote]

gets my vote!! Thank you for considering doing this! and what would you recon would have to be done to 670 this?

your analag dual opto comp is a big hit on the board. its most generous of you to share this with us. a 660 would be hugh, tremendous!! however you want to offer this to the board we will all be greatful and (i like to believe) respectful of your designs.

I'm currently buying all the parts to build a couple of your optos, Analag, and I join all the thanks here for sharing your designs...
This one seems a very exciting project!
But since I a newb I haven't ever seen the schem :cry: ...
This said, I usually build tube projects p2p or on turretboard (not at all because I think it sounds better, just because it's like that)... so I think I would'nt ask for a pcb and never have a chance to see the design...
I understand that what we could consider here like piracy is a big problem for those who want to share their hard work with trusted personnes... But in my point of view -wich is not an opinion about what you should do, but the point-of-view of the guy who could never prove you can trust him- I'll be very grateful if you decide to share it...

...imagining my insane dog running after his own tail...

Analag,

First of all thanks for giving us the Analag Compressor.After a long time we're doing a non-clone DIY.
You know we're all like dogs waiting with their tounges out :grin:

It uses (4) Edcors in the audio path. Two for the GR and two for the CV amp respectively. It's an easy build.
The suggestion to supply the schemo with the PCB is an excellent idea.
This is not a gimmick I am going to do it, but I need some time to work out the details.

analag

Analag, for those who want to build it point to point (old school style),
could you just sell the shematic ?
If no, I'd just buy pcb + schem, that's fine anyway

oh, yeah, baby!
I have a friend who has a collection of vintage gear including over 100 pairs of different tube compressors, all I am trying to do is get close to this with DIY.......

Wait a minute! There's still 12 days to go until April 1st.

Nah it couldn't be! I'm in for sure. P2P is OK by me too!

Although I'm already up to my neck in projects for thsi year!

jim

holy sweet mother of........yes, please yes, these are things i can only dream of, i would definetly get a couple of pcb's. , thanks for the d-aoc and thanks in advance for this if it goes through

Latest posts

Back