SSL Compressor Parts Question For North American Suppliers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brillint..
Cheers Greg.

I will report back when i have added the extral parts for the external sidechain input and the autofade function.

[quote author="drpat"]Bummer, i already own a couple of real 1176's. I'll probably just strap it across the output and be a heathen by using my ears. I keep all of my LA2 and 1176 meters in the +4 position anyways. Most of the time I don't want my clients to see my compression abuse, sometimes I scare myself!

Thanks to everybody for their help, I'll be sure to post pics of my first DIY when I'm done...[/quote]

I'd call a Sifam distributer just to be sure. I'm using an AL19 for my ssl clone, and it works great. I got it in the 1a sensitivity. I don't think it's a bust just 'cause it says "AL." Never hurts to check.

HI ALL

What a great site!

After deciding to take on the Gssl project and having read pretty much every Gssl related page i could find here (whew!), i've noticed that there doesn't seem to be many retail sources in N. America for 2180LA's....

Is BlackLionAudio the best source so far?

THATcorp H.Q. has yet to answer any direct inquiries :cry:

Any other options?

Canadian sources seem to be out of the question so far.

BTW ProAudio Design (Boston) does seem to be offering a pricey 202 substitute - first thing you might notice in their product pic is all the THAT 2181's mounted on their card.

Not for the faint of heart, though...

http://www.proaudiodesign.com/productinfo.php?ItemID=P60008

:shock: ....or wallet.

Hey Tree,
If I remember right, THAT corp will only sell a stick with 25 of them. So try to find some more guys to go in with you and you are set. They will definetely be your best bet for those vca.

Also, I remember scenaria selling some of those circuits. I think they were 2000xl. Check with him to see if he still has some.

take care
Gil

As BR stated, I'd recommend buying a tube of 25 from THAT. I just bought a tube of 25, used the ones I needed, and didn't have any trouble selling the left overs. :thumb:

Thanks Br and Greg for quick responses.
Guess i'll try THAT again...
if the project works out well enough, i'll just make another 7 units with the remainder:green:
Thanks also Greg for the great parts list. VERY helpful to newcomers like myself.
Lookin' forward to the challenge!
s.

Hey Anyone;

confused by Lorlin switch options for my order.
recomended mouser part varies from list to list among us....

Greg's Mouser List suggest:

-10WA137 (4X3)and 10WA135(2X6)... are both listed as "NON SHORTING (brake before make)" variety and both with "p.c. terminals" and "D shaft"
-10WA167(4X3)... is listed the same, but with "solder terminals"

Others Mouser Lists here suggest;

-10WA367(4X3) and 10WA365 (2X6)....both listed as being "SHORTING (make before brake) variety and both with solder terminals and "flat shaft"

ARE THESE DIFFERENCES SIGNIFICANT?

MOUSER IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK OF THE 10WA135.

COULD 10WA365 SUBSTITUTE FOR 135?

any clarity appreciated :shock:
t.

Hello All,

Just wondering if it would be possible to use a TE62055-ND Toroid for the SSL? I've got a couple kicking around and if I could use them all the better. They are 15VA 22VAC.

Tom

For those who may not know. Mouser has the THAT VCAs now.

I'm having a problem finding the right tantalum caps. They are no longer at Digikey.

Will this work?
http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=199D474X9035A1V1E3virtualkey61320000virtualkey74-199D35V0.47-E3

What is the requirement of the tantalums?

Latest posts

Back