Live Tour with DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igrecji

Hi All,

I'm a "newbie" in the pure sense of the word. I've never posting anything in the forum, but i've read thousand of post here. I write my first post because i've bought a lot of DIY kits here a few weeks ago.  I've finally bought 16 x EQN 1084 to Peter LAZARO, 16 x NV 73 Don Classics to David, and 10 x 51x76/500 to Igor.
Originaly, my goal was to go on tour with a major French artist wich name is Zazie, with only DIY engine. But the time passed too fast to make the project available next to a responsable production!! So i decide to build 42 engines from DIY community and to use a part of my own outboard for the rest of the equipment.
I don't know if i'm posting in the right level of this forum, but i'm proud to use DIY and i regret so much to have not everything in DIY!!
So i just show you what's my project, and i have to thanks Peter, David, Colin (from AML),François from France (Pacemaker), and THE GURU IGOR, for helping me to achieved this, and now i've to pray (i'm still don't know who!!!) to be in time to building this before the 4th of April (2011!!) where i begin the rehersal in Paris...
ZAZIE TOUR 2011 synoptique VERS3.png
http://www.yvesjaget.com/images/stories/photos_tech/ZAZIE TOUR 2011_big.png (Sorry for my bad English, i work on it...)
Y.J.

Attachments

• ZAZIE TOUR 2011 synoptique VERS3.pdf
    242 KB · Views: 169
I like to see people who love hardware rather than digital console+plug ins configuration : old school rocks ;D !
Good luck with your massive project, Yves ! DIY gear really shine, even in front of "high end" commercial stuffs. If I remember correctly what I read some times ago in an interview, you're not a newbie in the "electronic field", right ? If you want to be ready in time, you'll have to know what you're doing ;). Once again, good luck.

Best,

Ben.

peter purpose said:
Yves... if time starts running out, I could do with a weekend in Paris.

;D that was my first thought too...

anyway good luck and we demand to be updated if and when you finish!

greetings,

Thomas

Hi all,

Thanks for your nice words.... It's very cool.

Ptownkid said:
WOW! Welcome to the forum and best of luck!
I really happy to enter in this community DIY thanks Ptownkid,

zayance said:
Yes Welcome,

Ils y en a qui voient les choses en GRAND  :eek: :eek:  (Some have BIG Visions in mind)

But challenging, keep us posted

and best of luck!

+1

Je pense qu'il ne faut rien faire a moitié!! I'll keep you "on line"

strangeandbouncy said:
. . . . .  ;D ;D ;D . . . .

thats a lot of hardware . . . Amazing . . .very best of luck

ANdyP

Just do what is necessary to have the best acquisition of sound sources on a stage as i will do it in studio....I'm tired of the full digital sound in live situation, and there's no P.A. company with such a nice gears... But i'm lucky to have confidence from DISPATCH wich is the French P.A. company, and who know me enough to let me do my delirium!!!

evilcat said:
I like to see people who love hardware rather than digital console+plug ins configuration : old school rocks ;D !
Good luck with your massive project, Yves ! DIY gear really shine, even in front of "high end" commercial stuffs. If I remember correctly what I read some times ago in an interview, you're not a newbie in the "electronic field", right ? If you want to be ready in time, you'll have to know what you're doing ;). Once again, good luck.
Thanks Ben. No, i'm not really what we can call a "newbie" in the audio words. I study as an electronic engineer, and as i'm 53 years old i'm born at the right time to work a lot with Neve console, first as an assistant, and since 25 years as an engineer at Studio Leo Clarence with a nice 8048 series. I've been the owner of "LE VOYAGEUR" wich has been one of the biggest and most popular Recording Mobile in Europe. The first one still existing with a 48 NEVE VR series , and the second one i've designed with a 96 SSL AXIOM at the begining, changing to a 96 C200 SSL when the mobile has burning!!!. I've sold my own studio "The Yellow Sub" in Paris last year for money reasons...And i'm now with my "MOVING RACK" wich is my personnal outboard in 8 x 16U rack. I'm installed in Maisons Alfort in a nice place called "Futur-Acoustic"....
But i'm happy to go back to building such nice Gear, and i'm proud to defend the DIY because of the extreme serious peopole who turn around theses projects. I've no doubt about the hudge quality added to DIY engine in front of high end products. I've not finished my investment in such a nice trip!!!

peter purpose said:

Peter, it's an honour for me, and i'll try to just invit you to drink some beer around the "OLYMPIA" for the next shows in May!!!
It's really kind of you, thanks.

hobiesound said:
peter purpose said:

;D that was my first thought too...

anyway good luck and we demand to be updated if and when you finish!

greetings,

Thomas

Thanks again Thomas, i'll put some pictures to keep you on!!

I've to say that IGOR when i've told him how many engine i've to build say to me " man you'd better to let me build a couple of 51x76 for you" so i've finally order 6 machine building by himself, and also to have the benefit of Albatros output stage, and i'll build only 4 engines. So.....

Thanks you everybody,

Best regards,
Yves Jaget

Hi again,

maybe you should think about taking a spare module or two with you . . . perhaps even just one of the Pres. We all know what Roadies can do . . . . .

Fantastic project.

ANdyP

+1 on the spares... Just a note, it sucks when gear goes down, which it does because it is torn down, shipped, and set up every day, but it sucks even more when a show gets messed up with gear you built. I'd want to be very experienced in building field electronics before I'd put my gig on the line. IMHO.

strangeandbouncy said:
    maybe you should think about taking a spare module or two with you . . . perhaps even just one of the Pres. We all know what Roadies can do . . . . .
    Fantastic project.
ANdyP

babyhead said:
+1 on the spares... Just a note, it sucks when gear goes down, which it does because it is torn down, shipped, and set up every day, but it sucks even more when a show gets messed up with gear you built. I'd want to be very experienced in building field electronics before I'd put my gig on the line. IMHO.

Both of you are right, but i'll go on tour with additional spare gears not mentioned on the schem . 1 x 1788 Aphex 8 channel and 4 Chandler TG Channel. But i'm confident in this build. I've selected the 51x Rack DIY in place of the API one because of the power supply wich is quite stronger, and also for the 24V bus rail wich is essential on all NEVE type module.
But anyway a failure in a commercial stuff is also possible. I've stopped a show 2 times in a hudge venue due to a failure on a DIGI VENUE DESK used on monitor, because of the cheapest mother board used in this console... I know that a show is not a studio session, and that the equipment is not treated with the same care, but i'll try to use very strongs cases, with a chassis hang up in the flycases for all theses precious pieces!! (I still needed use them in studio!!)
Hope there's no souci!!

Hi Yves,

What a great first thread!

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your project and tour. You MUST take some photos so we can all see.

Cheers

Stewart

I'll apprentice with you in Paris, I'll be your "unpaid intern"

You can even abuse me like Steve Zissou would have.  ;)

thanks for the kind words yves,
maybe i can help you with soldering too,
we'll see ;-)
DIY on tour !!!
regards,
francois

Yeah, I would help too if you need. It seems that all the french DIYers (and braves european too) wanna help you :p !
Helping such a great audio engineer like you would be an honour (and I mean it !).

Ben.

Hey,
I'm surprise to find so many french DIYers here!!
Thanks to everybody for your help ,
Y J

ЫЫЫЫЫ!!!!!!
After seeing this picture, now I just understood what you were talking about :)
Absolutely shocked. Wanna hear this sound. I like Zazie voice, and have some LP's at home.
Those F76 is a bit more for me than electronics and soldering :)
I will post the pictures of assembly process in 51X-F76 build support thread soon.

yeah that's a crazy ass challenging Rig !!
must sound huge in Yves's hands and ears
and if he gets some help for the build,
it could done !

Back