Live Tour with DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm sure it's possible.
We can make an army of french solderers.
General Yves, we await your instructions

All of you  are really really nice guys!!!! Thanks a lot!!!

It could be possible to make a meeting around all thoses  PCB's, but everything is stocked near Paris at Dispatch 's factory!!! So i'm not sure it'll be amazing for the major part of you to come in Roissy for this solder training!!! :D

I'll keep in mind that definitly, DIY is a real community with a full analog soul!

We have begin to build the NV73, and try to find good solution to make it a little stronger for the road!! I'm not sure to keep the BC184 in the socket, and also the small PCB's for +-16V to 24V in the header... I prefer pined this sircuit and solder it to the main PCB's.

But everything seems to be find. We have receiveing the hudge quantity of knobs that i've sent to anodised in personal color....

Asap i've finished a couple of pre, i'll send you some pictures.

and don't forget, " when it looks good, it's sound good" ???

Regards,
Y J

Hi All,

I have build already 7 pre, and 2 EQN.
We have working a lot on the mechanical aspect to make theses modules more accurate for the road. And i have to wait for knobs/metal  work before to finish and begin to test everything.

Here is some pictures:

photo (8).jpg

photo (7).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (3).jpg

I spend a lot of time to build that in quantity, but i'll have a lot of fun to use it.

Thanks to all

Yves Jaget

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 96
Hi 3nity/ultra-alex

I've made them anodised in Paris.
Originaly it's the black series from Tyco for the small one, and kilo for the big one.

Y J

WOW  :eek:
That's a huge project !
I planned to do something like that but I take my time !
Very good challenge to make it ready for April :D

Yves, si tu as besoin d'un coup de main, je suis pas très loin !
hésites pas !

Good luck

peter purpose said:
Have you finished yet?

Hi Peter,

I've already finished ten Pre, as i've also some mixing sessions to inserted beside the build work.
I've already build one EQN just to make my first "proto". I've absolutly no prob with! Fantastic design, and i've already testing it on sound material, sounded absolutly fabulous. I'm just waiting for some new order from mouser, just to change the size of certain components (caps!!!) to build them quickly. But it's very easy to build cause the pcb's design is just perfect.

I've to order one new front panel cause i've accidently striped it!!!

Yves

Hi Yves, received the package?

Some photos...

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/diy33609/51F_X76/Yves_51XF76/

pair_a.jpg

Hi Igor,

This is looking very very nice, impressive!!!
I didn't receive this package on Friday, but i'm sure it'll arriving today.
I wasn't at DISPATCH last week, so may be i mess some information...
I'll give you some news today.
Thankx a lot Igor, so great job...

Yves

Hi All,
I'm finally at the end of the long building time, before i start rehersal on the 16th of April. I let you some picture, and i'll let some comments and specifications on the way i'm going to use this...
Technically, after a long period of test, i've deciding to remove all the DC/DC converter from ALL the modules EQN & NV73... Too much noise, (25dB more than without!!!), too much consumption of current (130ma on each +/- 16v rails, until than 95ma on +24V for the NV73), too much work for nothing, since you got a 51x rack!!!

Here is a picture of all the NV73 finished in my lab at DISPATCH:

nv73-all-finished.jpg

NV73-RACK-VUE-1.jpg

Just a few picture of one of the lab at DISPATCH:

part-of-the-diy-labs.jpg

part-of-labs.jpg

The final racks for DIY

ensemble-rack-vue.jpg

EQN-RACK-1.jpg

Hey Igor, i've change the knobs!!!!

igor-modules-button-new.jpg

A few measurment for symetrical distorsion on EQN Opamp....

sym-disto-opamp.jpg

20dB-EQN-before-cliping.jpg

My others personnal outboard for this tour...

my-other-gears-vue1.jpg

The "Badest" thing in my setup!!!!

venue-plus-gears1.jpg

Every modules sounded GREAT. I have to thank you for all the help proposal i've received, and i'm sorry to staying in silence during this work, but it has been a HUDGE work for me, and also for the guys in DISPATCH who follow me on this project. That's for me the beginning of a new stage in my conception of the sound design, and i'll never spent a penny in brand new gear, before to have a look at the lab in this forum....

I'll report the sound aspect of theses modules in a couple of days,

Thankx,

Yves Jaget

Latest posts

Back