Diy Parts Supply - 3 rail adjustable psu kits $35 (+/-/48V(or other))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian,

Soon as I get recovered from the big wad I spent this past week on DIY your my next stop . After seeing the cable layout I'm thinking you should extent the cable length and call it a tube mic cable kit as well. Provided that your cable is alright for that use it looks perfect for a nice finish on a completely new mic.

Kevin

I think that it is...it's 300V 8 conductor cable with a foil shield. However, I have no experience with tube mic cables so I'm not positive.

Ptown,

Both 51x kits have been ordered and paid.  :)

[Edit: I forgot to ask, couldn't tell from the pic at the store, are you including the insulators for 5 regulators?]

Cheers, Jeff

Wow, thanks Jeff, that one was a little unexpected....

No, i did not include those in the kit as i had no idea what people would be doing in the end.

Ptownkid said:
...that one was a little unexpected....
Why so? You got the parts...I need the parts. FWIW, Your parts kit makes sense as the cost will be that or more if an individual goes to Mouser and/or Digi to get their own parts. You are saving me time and money!  ;D

It's funny you should say that...I had someone e-mail asking why the two kits were "so expensive" and i politely responded that they should add up the parts from either Digikey or mouser and see how it compares. I already knew the answer to that experiment, and sure enough they ended up placing an order the next day.

Not only the price but the time. I don't care how fast or good you are it is gonna take a minimum of 2-3 hours to build your own BOM and find/source all the right parts that are priced right and in stock somewhere. Plus, you will be ordering from at least 2 supply houses if not 3. That's a lot of additional shipping to incur too.

It's a no-brainer if you ask me.  8)

Everything is shipped.

Working on a tips and ideas guide to support the 51X psu parts and connectors. Nothing major, but I have some observations that may save some people some headaches.

Hello gentlemen...there is an error in the psu parts kit. The ceramic and poly caps are the wrong value. I am ordering new caps today, should have them by tomorrow and will ship immediately upon receiving them.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have e-mailed those whose orders have already shipped and i will get them to you asap.

My apologies.

Hi,

I was browsing your site and noticed there is new products for april, yes?

do you have 24 position pcb mounted Elma switches in stock? Can it be used for fester tg1 output level (04-1103) ?

and do you have those stop-screws for elma switches too?

thanks!

Back