GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, it will be yellow with red silk screening - what do you expect for a real 51x product  ;D ;D ;D
Hu is great, mailed me 5 minutes after I have uploaded the gerbers, couldn't find the gold layer.
but looks all good now, hope they will be done before the new year holidays ...

Tajmoben, my focus is on the Jensamp for sure.
but I decided to be compatible to Jeffs L-Brackets screws, this needs a little redesign (which, in my case, is nearly always a complete new one).
than, kubi wants to have a none 5xx series PCB version, doable for home etchers. I would like to have the components / component labeling identical with the schematic for both versions.
some work to do, but now I'm very sure we are near :D ;)

and yes, there are other projects in the pipeline for the 51x Alliance.
but everybody have to out himself!

[silent:arts] said:
...Hu is great, mailed me 5 minutes after I have uploaded the gerbers, couldn't find the gold layer.
but looks all good now, hope they will be done before the new year holidays ...
Volker, I uploaded my files over the weekend and they were just like I said, no gold layer. We have the gold finger pads in the bottom copper layer with no solder mask over them. That is all. Did you have to do a separate layer for gold fingers? I know Hu reviewed my files as he sent me a question about V-scoring the 2 horizontal silk lines, which I do not want. They are great to deal with. FWIW, I have never had a separate layer for gold fingers.

Still no sign of our rack shipment yet BTW!!! ???

Jeff,

I am speculating. It is very likely that our shipment was loaded onto another plane by error and is lying somewhere in the US in a Continental depot. I wouldn't be surprised if it is in O'Hare. I think all they have done so far is to try to locate it by records which there is none. Only way to find it would be to circulate a memo to all their depots to actually go in and physically check one by one.

Yes Sahib you may be right. I just wish there was a way to crack the whip on Continental. They sure don't seem to really care about a bunch of us nerdy DIY'ers! Who would have more leverage with them? Your guy David of my girl Lynn?

jsteiger said:
Yes Sahib you may be right. I just wish there was a way to crack the whip on Continental. They sure don't seem to really care about a bunch of us nerdy DIY'ers! Who would have more leverage with them? Your guy David of my girl Lynn?

Jeff,

Unfortunately it has to be chased up from my side. David is on the case and we'll wait until the end of this week. If we do not get anywhere then I will file a claim with the insurers. They will go after Continental. This really pissed me off.

At the end of the day they don't care as they know very well that there is the insurance mechanism.

I know.  I sold half of my preamps a while ago in preparation for this..  :-\

I've made due and found that my console preamps work well for some things..  And not others.

I have put the metal fabricator on stand-by. They will do a run of 60 units within two weeks as soon as I pressed the button. For me to be able to press the button I have the get my insurer's o.k. I think I will file the claim tomorrow.

As a last resort, I think we should hope that by filing a claim, it will prompt Continental to find our shit. That is may hope anyhow.  :-[

jsteiger said:
As a last resort, I think we should hope that by filing a claim, it will prompt Continental to find our shit. That is may hope anyhow.  :-[
It might Talked to a friend who works for Continental in Houston .... He wished yo luck!
JamesW said:
Hi All

Ok everyone join hands pick out your fav Deity and pray.

JamesW

Yah This our best recourse !

I feel for you guys for most of us its just time! For Shahib and Jeff it's a lot of time and money best of luck and remember we are all pulling for you guys ! and If it will Help in even a small way I'll pay for my order now!

hi Volker,

any news on the new rack list ?
i am number 101 for the 51 racks , yep one to late ;)

thanks

jan from belgium

Jan, let us please first clear the first 100 :'(
I might have one over since someone jumped out, but need more Neutriks anyway to proceed.

Update.

As of yesterday the shipment to US is considered lost. Conitental has ceased to look for it and passed it to their claim department in Houston. I will be contacting my insurers on Monday to file a claim.

Therefore we are sorry for the guys in US and Canada. However, we are trying to rectify the loss within the next two to three weeks. Therefore please do not give up on your orders.

We also regret that we made a mistake in the pricing. I suppose we were too busy in dealing with the technical aspects. When we announced the price as USD 300.00 the exchange rate was USD 1.4 = GBP 1.00 hence the GBP price would be £214.00 without the pennies. But now the USD 1.6 = GBP 1.00. Unfortunately we can not do that because apart from the edge connectors everything else is bought in UK and EC and indexed to GBP and Euro.

After a long discussion we decided on the happy medium and fixed the price in USD 320.00 , GBP 200.00 and Euro 230.00. I hope the guys in US and Canada will symphatise with the additional USD 20.00. But I can assure you that there is less profit in US and Canada sales because of the additional shipping cost to US.

Volker has already supplied 7 units in Europe with this error. Strictly speaking we can not ask them to pay the difference as the sale is done and dusted. But if they do wish to pay it will be greatly appreciated as already a very small profit margine we had is dwindled with this lost shipment.

Thank you for your continuing support.

sahib said:
As of yesterday the shipment to US is considered lost. Conitental has ceased to look for it and passed it to their claim department in Houston.

Un-f@#$in'-believable.

I bet it will show up like 6 months from now... "Oh, we found your shipment."  ::)

No problem with the extra charge. Sorry for you guys for that lost package. Lots of effort in them... :( :(

Best for all and keep the great work.

Carlos Lima

Latest posts

Back