GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pieter,

from an email Cemal mailed yesterday:
The psu cases are under manufacture and will be shipped to Volker and Jeff in about two weeks.

if you want to start I can ship the Rack-Kit, PSU PCB and PSU transformer first.
(once those slow customs release the card-edge connectors Jeff send me)

51x PSU custom enclosure update...

Last we heard, Cemal was to pick up all the cases from his fabricator at the end of this past week. I have not talked to him over the last 4 or 5 days to confirm. I would gather that if he did not get them yet, it is only a matter of another day or 2.

Any good news Cemal?

Best, Jeff

Yes I am but...I have only 1 kit remaining with 2 people in line for it.  :(

Maybe I will ask Cemal to get a few more 511 rack kits when he ships me the PSU cases and parts?

Cheers, Jeff

I have access to a machine shop so the case is no problem, the circuitry is what I'm after if I can make the rack for less than an API on sweetwaters website

jsteiger said:
Yes I am but...I have only 1 kit remaining with 2 people in line for it.  :(

Maybe I will ask Cemal to get a few more 511 rack kits when he ships me the PSU cases and parts?

Cheers, Jeff

Please do, I will be in for another one of those in not too long here. :)

jsteiger said:
51x PSU custom enclosure update...

Last we heard, Cemal was to pick up all the cases from his fabricator at the end of this past week. I have not talked to him over the last 4 or 5 days to confirm. I would gather that if he did not get them yet, it is only a matter of another day or 2.

Any good news Cemal?

Best, Jeff
So... any progress on this?

51X psu cases arrived. I am planning to ship Volker's bundle on Tuesday. Hopefully by the end of the week Jeff's will go out too. In the meantime UK and rest of the world guys can contact me now.

Please note again that my old computer is still out of action and I did not have time to try to get my e-mails out. Therefore just to refresh my memory please e-mail me back my last correspondence with you.

Mega thanks as always.

Forgive me for asking here, but I totalled up all the parts on the first page, and it comes to $877 USD for this thing.  I got a price for an API 500V from a place in New York, and it's $728 including the PSU.

Why would anyone build this thing if the real deal was cheaper?  Am I missing something?

Thanks guys,
Sig

I'm new to DIY but let me map out the points I understand to be true....

1. Because it's hella fun
2. Expansion options.... (I built a dual PSU with one torroidal and I get 22 slots of lunchbox goodness)
3. Different and exclusive projects only capable of being hosted in the 51x rack due to the 24v rail.
4. Did I mention it's fun. Like legos for us audio geeks  ;D

Cheers,
JB

JB, you missed one.

Its alot better then the API!  I use both daily.  The API rack acts up and the power supply is wimpy at best compared to the 51x.

Back