New Design 1176 Boards + 900 Power Supply Boards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finish my mnats + psu few days agoo, i get -10.78v and no more then +20v, i have a 30VA toroidal transformer 0,5 A is maybe to less for the board? Also the VU meter is not working only in GR mode i can see it moving.
Checking the unit with my ears and with a oscilloscope is anyway doing what it should.

i check all component of psu several times all diode are in the right direction all caps also.

Primary is 240V secondary is 2 x 30V (one unused), DC voltage into regulator i have to check, which should be the optimal value?
I'll check this value tomorrow, here is late now. Thanks anyway for the answer.

After some advice from other user i put the secondary outputs in series to get more current and now i have 46V at the output, and with trimpot 5k like is explained here : http://mnats.net/psu.html
At first it melt R4 so i replace it and then came smoke out of the VR2

Can smebody help me?

Hi Mako,

I mistakenly ordered 2 Rev. D PCB sets and a power board with the hairball stereo kit when I meant to select Rev. A from the drop down menu.  I didn't realize this until they just came in the mail today.  How would I go about exchanging the 2 sets with the ones I meant to order?

Thanks!

mrerdat said:
Hi Mako,

I mistakenly ordered 2 Rev. D PCB sets and a power board with the hairball stereo kit when I meant to select Rev. A from the drop down menu.  I didn't realize this until they just came in the mail today.  How would I go about exchanging the 2 sets with the ones I meant to order?

Thanks!

There are two ways to handle this. You can send the sets you mistakenly ordered back to the address on the back of the package. When I receive them I will request postage only to send a replacement set.

Or if you need them more quickly you can simply order them and send the other set back. When I receive the wrongly ordered boards I can refund you minus the postage costs.

Your choice.

mnats said:
There are two ways to handle this. You can send the sets you mistakenly ordered back to the address on the back of the package. When I receive them I will request postage only to send a replacement set.

Or if you need them more quickly you can simply order them and send the other set back. When I receive the wrongly ordered boards I can refund you minus the postage costs.

Your choice.

Great.  I'm going to opt for the latter option since I'd like to have them done soon, but I won't need to order a power supply PCB this time.  I just sent payment for two Rev A. boards, and will be returning the wrong boards today ASAP.  Thanks again!

I ordered a 1176 Rev D PCB from you via hairball audio on the 24th of April, i have received the parts from hairball a good week ago and wanted to check on the PCB and it's time of delivery. Let me know if you need more info from me. Thanks.

I've sent you an email with a question about delivery because I'd prefer not to make my business public.  I hope you will reply.

automaticstatic said:
I ordered a 1176 Rev D PCB from you via hairball audio on the 24th of April, i have received the parts from hairball a good week ago and wanted to check on the PCB and it's time of delivery. Let me know if you need more info from me. Thanks.

As mentioned on Hairball's site the boards ship from Australia and can take several weeks to arrive. There is more information about delivery in the FAQ linked from the first post of this thread.

dave-G said:
I've sent you an email with a question about delivery because I'd prefer not to make my business public.  I hope you will reply.

Please read the FAQ linked from the first post of this thread.

mnats said:
dave-G said:

Please read the FAQ linked from the first post of this thread.

Yes, I am aware of the FAQ ... But this

"If the Board Sales page says the boards you want are in stock above the prices for the boards you are interested in the boards are in stock. The page is updated regularly to reflect current availability and prices"

Was apparently not the case for my order. 

If you look at your email, you'll see my question about this.  If you don't wish to reply because I didn't ask on this public forum, then never mind.

I received my 2 PCB's set on this week, thanks for all Mnats, it seems to be so good and professionnal gear!!!
Now, I just have to wiring them !
have a good week-end.
I will post later the 2 compressors when they will finish !

aurelien

Hi Mako,

my friend Michael from San Francisco ordered a Rev D board from you - but I'm building it for him here in Germany.
The thing is, his Paypal account wouldn't let him change the shipping address to an address outside of the USA - so he just left his address
in San Francisco as shipping address and added a note where he asked you to ship it to my address in Germany instead.

Now why I'm writing you is because he was asking you for confirmation to make sure you will ship the board to Germany but he only got
your standard mail response that the boards will ship before...and with the request not to reply to your mail but use the forum here...

...anyway it is really important you ship the board to my place - can you please confirm it so we know you got it?

Thanks!!
Martin

rainton said:
Hi Mako,

my friend Michael from San Francisco ordered a Rev D board from you - but I'm building it for him here in Germany.
The thing is, his Paypal account wouldn't let him change the shipping address to an address outside of the USA - so he just left his address
in San Francisco as shipping address and added a note where he asked you to ship it to my address in Germany instead.

Now why I'm writing you is because he was asking you for confirmation to make sure you will ship the board to Germany but he only got
your standard mail response that the boards will ship before...and with the request not to reply to your mail but use the forum here...

...anyway it is really important you ship the board to my place - can you please confirm it so we know you got it?

Thanks!!
Martin

Against the policy set out in the board ordering page, I will send to the address in Germany but without the usual replacement against loss.

Hello Mnat,

I've  just ordered a RevD board on july the 16. I'm waiting for to start the build!!

Cheers and congratulation for the job....

Vévé

Hello, I have received my order today, I bought a pair of rev D sets and the power supply PCB, but in the box only came one control board PCB for the rotatory switches instead of two. this is the date of the order and the ID transaction

18 jul 2013 21:05:08 CEST
Id. de transacción: 8X594082JH871111F

I hope you can send me another control board PCB...

Thank you for sending it so fast, you are doing a good work.

Noosphere said:
Hello, I have received my order today, I bought a pair of rev D sets and the power supply PCB, but in the box only came one control board PCB for the rotatory switches instead of two. this is the date of the order and the ID transaction

Strange, I have no payments received on that date at all. No record of that transaction ID either.

Looks like you must be in Spain. I can send another control board to an address in Granada, or you can wait until October when I'll be nearby  ;) (just kidding, I don't do deliveries).

I ordered my boards on July 12, my confirmation email said they'd ship on or before July 16th, and they arrived today (July 23rd) in Los Angeles.

Big thanks to mnats for the awesome boards and quick turnaround!!

mnats said:
Noosphere said:

Strange, I have no payments received on that date at all. No record of that transaction ID either.

Looks like you must be in Spain. I can send another control board to an address in Granada, or you can wait until October when I'll be nearby  ;) (just kidding, I don't do deliveries).

Yes, i'm in Granada, Spain. I will be very thankful to you for sending me the control board. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry to ask you again mnats but do you received my payement?

I have no news since one week...

Thank you..                         

Latest posts

Back