Cheap lolly pop & ribbon mics.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I definitely want in on this... I'd like one or two ribbons and one or two of those tube mics they had too :p

[quote author="microx"]Hey there FUM get some sleep!
Steve[/quote]

Ha, surely you jest. =) Up till 3 am, up again at 7 am ( with two "I had a bad dream" episodes from the kids in between/) luckily this is not a normal schedule

Still corresponding. We'll see what kind of numbers they can run. I mailed Larry about the spreadsheet also. The lead time for a factory order may be longer, but worth investigating as well.

Regards

ju

[quote author="mig27"]@ gary o:

What I can say though is that the tbone evened out some transients, but in quite a nice way. You could clearly discern this natural "peak limiting" by looking at the waveforms in a sample editor.

Michael[/quote]

Hi Michael,

Hmm this is rather funny to me..are you sure if you have a RB500 with no problems.."peak limiting" on a acc guitar !!!!..I have recorded electrical guitar (high vol) and drums today with 2 of these ribbons..no trace of peak limiting or compression at all..??? this wa s recorded both through tube amps and GML preamps

Kind regards

Peter

Would you get to specify the labeling/branding if you did this? Branding thread! Howzabout RDA?

Bear

uh i read this thread a couple of times but am getting confused,

which mic model # is which?

Branding would be cool!

"PimpAss Mics" slogan: "you can mack on it, but it'll cost ya.." :green:

oh and i just got my W2 forms.. i get 2500$ back! mic money!!

$70! Yowsah. I'd take at lest one for that price. I could probably talk my work into grabbing a half dozen. Hell, get a bunch and put 'em on ebay.

How many would it take to get branding?

I'd definitely be in for a couple at $70!!! branding would be great
I wonder if a place like this would work with design changes, ie changing to lams in the transformer....

Ok,

This one appears that the mic bodies would be without labelling. At least if I were to put together a group order, I'd do them that way, so that y'all could put whatever you wanted on them

Still waiting on the tbone info.

Will post more when I know more.

Regards

ju

you rock fum! No labels is how I like it.... takes me forever to get those damn m*xl labels off... keep us posted!

I love the idea of getting an un-branded one.

I just looked over the Excel sheet. Looks good. They even give you info about how to pay using a US bank. I'm still leery about overseas transactions, but I have to say that this potential ribbon mic group buy has me very interested indeed.

I could be in for two of the group order ribbons. Please keep in touch:

scott_humphrey at yahoo dot com

Thanks,
Scott

Back